Old DI Community Center Re-Roof
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for a commercial roofing project to be performed at the Old District I Community Center, located in Onamia, MN. Bids will be due Wednesday 31 May, 2023 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday 1 June 2023 at 10:00 AM.
A mandatory pre-bid site visit will be held on: Wednesday May 17th at 2:00 PM at the project site. Building address is: 43500 Virgo Rd., Onamia, MN 56359 (Directly East of Grand Casino Mille Lacs). Contractors who attended the previous bid site visit for this project will not be required to attend.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Building Code (IBC), and Project design documents as prepared by Architectural Resources Inc.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- Contractor to carry Builder’s Risk insurance on project for duration of construction.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
Community Center - New Metal Roofing
- Removal and replacement of all existing pitched asphalt roofing, roof edge and flashings.
- Replacement of all decayed, or weathered, or collateral materials in association with re-roofing installation including but not limited to all wood blocking/decking, sheathing, flashing, sealants and etc. Include in base bid, the removal and replacement of 50 sheets of 5/8” CDX plywood roof sheathing. Provide cost per sheet (including labor and materials on sub-contractor/supplier list. This price will be utilized should more or less sheets be required. See Bid Alternate #2)
- Supply and install new metal roofing at all sloped roof areas.
- Replace existing with new standing-seam metal roof panels, self-adhering sheet underlayment and all associated flashings, closures and trim.
- Acceptable manufacturers: Firestone Una-Clad UC4, UC14; Pac-Clad, Snap-Clad; Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation. Colors to be selected from manufacturers standard colors. Contractor to provide manufacturer’s basic warranty coverage.
- Vertical-rib, snap-joint configuration, factory installed striations at all panels
- Zinc-coated (galvanized) steel sheet, 24 guage (0.64mm) nominal thickness with 2-coat fluoropolymer
- Panel coverage: 16 inches, Panel height: 1.5 inches
- Provide and install all new roof jacks and flashings and venting.
- Remove static box vents at the North and South continuous roof between the lower roof and gymnasium transition. Provide and install custom linear static vent and ensure a leak free installation. Linear vent to be fabricated and installed using the color matched coil stock, custom bent to accept baffle material and continuity to the upper section of roof. Provide section detail and product data to Owner for approval before fabrication.
- Supply and install S-5 ColorGard snow and ice guards at all entrance, parking, and mechanical equipment locations. Areas to be covered include exterior entrances and walks and where roof penetrations are located. Consult with S-5 for recommended placement and clamping components. Provide product data and shop drawing for Owner approval.
- Remove all existing gutters and downspouts. Provide and install new 6” K-style seamless steel gutters and 3”x4” downspouts in existing locations.
- Prepare cedar existing fascia boards for steel fascia covering, and replace rotten fascia trim material where needed before covering is installed. Provide and install steel fascia cover to match current profile. Color matched caulking to be installed at all areas where 2 different materials meet/abut.
- Contingency Allowance: Contractor shall include a $50,000.00 Owner Contingency Allowance in the base bid to be utilized by the Owner for unforeseen conditions. Unused allowance will be credited back to the Owner.
- All dumpsters to be provided by contractor.
- Note that commercial Davis Bacon wage rates apply to this project.
Bid Alternate #1:
Unit cost per sheet of 5/8” CDX Roof Sheathing installed. This value to be used in calculating Owner credit, or additional cost. (50 sheets included in base bid)
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions shall be submitted in accordance with the project specifications. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders via Pre-Bid Addendum.
Interested bidders shall contact Ryan Jendro - CMD Project Manager at 320.630.5011 or at email@example.com to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall submit building schedule to Owner at the time of contract signature by the Contractor.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
- Submit signed proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Commercial Davis Bacon wage requirements (Aitkin County).
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: Old D1 Community Center Re-Roof
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids must be submitted via mail to the P.O. Box.
FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits. MLBO permit fee $50.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or by email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
Performance and Payment Bond: A performance and payment bond on the part of the contractor for 20 percent of the contract price shall be required. “Performance and Payment Bond” means a bond executed in connection with a contract to secure fulfillment of all the contractor’s obligations under such contract.
- Issued To
- Qualified Commercial Roofing Contractors
- Publish Date
- May 9th, 2023
- Bid Date
- May 31st, 2023
- Required File(s)
- RFP and Bid Form