The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for commercial construction of a new Early Education headstart facility, located in Hinckley, MN. Bids will be due Wednesday 29 June, 2022 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday 30 June, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
A mandatory pre-bid site visit will be held on: Monday June 13th, 2022 at 9:30 AM. Directions to the site: From Hinckley Hwy 48 to Pine Cty Rd 15. (East Grand Casino Hinckley Entrance) Pine County 15 South 0.8 miles to Zhingob Ave. The site is located North of the softball field.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Building Code (IBC), and Project design documents as prepared by Architectural Resources Inc.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- Contractor to carry Builder’s Risk insurance on project for duration of construction.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
The Early Education department is expanding headstart services in the Hinckley community. Construction will include general site grading, site utility extension to service the facility, exterior concrete, asphalt paving and fencing. The building will be constructed on frost footings, masonry foundation wall, slab-on-grade construction, wood framed exterior walls, wood truss, steel roofing and a combination of exterior siding materials. Mechanical, plumbing, electrical and low voltage systems are included. Interior finishes include drywall, paint, ACT, flooring and casework. A commercial kitchen will also be included.
- Refer to Architectural Resources, Inc. Project 2021-129. Project Manual including specifications and design drawings will be provided to bidding contractors. Please Email Ryan.Jendro@millelacsband.com for a Drop Box link to download design documents. General Contractor to perform all construction activities as defined in the plans and specifications as identified by the design documents.
- Bids must be honored for 90 calendar days.
- Anticipated project schedule is Fall 2022 to Fall 2023.
- Contractor shall include 0.5% TERO tax fee in base bid. Contractor shall utilize FEDERAL Davis Bacon wage rates for construction of this project. Wage determination rates for Pine County will be provided in the first pre-bid addendum.
- Refer to the project Bid Form for the listing of Bid Alternates. The project bid form will be issued with the first pre-bid addendum.
- Project is sales tax exempt. Awarded contractor will be provided with the tax exemption form.
- Project Retainage is 10%.
- Contractor shall be required to provide portable toilet facilities for work staff.
- Contractor shall establish temporary electrical service for construction through ECE.
- Contractor to provide temporary heat and protection as needed for building activities.
Specified Product Substitutions:
All proposed product substitutions shall be submitted in accordance with the project specifications. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders via Pre-Bid Addendum.
Interested bidders shall contact Ryan Jendro - CMD Project Manager at 320.630.5011 or at email@example.com to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall submit building schedule to Owner at the time of contract signature by the Contractor.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
- Submit signed proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Commercial Davis Bacon wage requirements (Mille Lacs County).
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: Hinckley Headstart
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids must be submitted via mail to the P.O. Box.
FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.**
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits and City of Hinckley.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or by email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
Performance and Payment Bond: A performance and payment bond on the part of the contractor for 100 percent of the contract price shall be required. “Performance and Payment Bond” means a bond executed in connection with a contract to secure fulfillment of all the contractor’s obligations under such contract.
Bid Bond: Provide a bid guarantee equivalent to 5 percent of the bid price. The bid guarantee must consist of a firm commitment such as bid bond, certified check, or negotiable instrument accompanying a bid as assurance that the bidder will, upon acceptance of his/her bid, execute such contractual documents as may be required within the time specified after the forms are presented to him/her.
- Issued To
- Qualified General Contractors
- Publish Date
- June 6th, 2022
- Bid Date
- June 29th, 2022
- Required File(s)