Book Printing Services
A. Project Overview and Scope of Work
The Revisors Office for the Non-Removable Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe is accepting bids pursuant to this request for proposals (RFP) for the publication the Supplement of the Laws of the Non-Removable Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe for 2022. Once bids have been received, an award shall be made to the bidder whose bid is responsive to the invitation, is most advantageous to the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, and in accordance with Mille Lacs Band Statutes. See below for further information and bidding instructions.
B. Scope of Project
2022 Supplement of the Laws of the Non-Removable Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
• The printing of 240 copies of the Supplement of the Laws of the Non-Removable Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, a book consisting of the amended statutes, approved within the fiscal year of 2022.
o Of the 240 copies, 196 will be hardcovers and 44 will be paperback.
o A PDF will be created and sent for publication. Currently, the PDF is approximately 190 pages. The printed book will have double sided pages.
o Within the year the books are received, a request for additional books may be made at a later date.
• Designing a black cover for the book. The front of the book will bear the official seal of the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe and be labeled “Mille Lacs Band – Statutes – Supplement – 2022.” The spine of the book will be labeled “Mille Lacs Band - Statutes – Supplement – 2022.” The text will be colored gold. Both will be center justified. A picture is below for reference.
• Include edge gilding (applying metallic foil to the outer edges of the books).
• With the exception of the cover, spine, and first page, the pages should be top justified.
• Create proofs for the front cover and spine.
• The dimensions of the book are 6” x 9”.
• The inside pages should be 50lb offset.
• Books are due as soon as possible, preferably prior to May 1.
C. Bidding Notes and Instructions
• Submit a detailed invoice for the project.
• Submit a document containing the difference in price for hardcover and paperback and a fee scale showing the price difference of quantities purchased.
• Submit a front cover proof for the project.
• Proposals are due by Friday, February 3, 2023, at 5:00PM.
• The proposal must be emailed to Hanna.Valento@millelacsband.com and Brianna.Boyd@millelacsband.com with the subject line, “Printing of the 2022 Supplement to the Laws.”
If you have questions or need additional information, please email Hanna Valento, Revisor of Statutes at Hanna.Valento@millelacsband.com.
- Issued To
- Qualified Book Printing Companies
- Publish Date
- January 20th, 2023
- Bid Date
- February 3rd, 2023