507 5th Street SW, Little Falls, MN Rehab
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for *Windows, frames, storm doors Project at 507 – 5th Street SW Little Falls. Bids will be due Wednesday September 28, 2022 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday September 29, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
A mandatory pre-bid visit will be held on: Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 11:00am.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book that supersedes previous additions.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
Work Scope Description for Window and Storm Door replacement: Unless otherwise noted all work should be completed according to the 2016 MLB Spec Book.
1 – Removal, disposal, dumpster and replacement of all windows and 2-Storm Doors on Ground level of home and the Upper level of home. The basement windows will be only windows to remain as is and no replacement of the basement windows.
2 – Include materials and labor for proper removal and disposal and installation of existing window frames and windows complete. Provide and Replace all windows/frames complete with all trim. The frames and window replacement will be down to the house frame. The existing windows and frames are old and deteriorating. Confirm that all insulation at the window locations is in good order and supply the insulation and installation as required to ensure proper insulating values at windows and frames. Provide and install the flashing tape and all required installation materials and labor. Ensure all sills are level and in good order. Caulk all window frames. Provide all trim materials and installation at replacement locations.
3 – Include two storm doors to replace the existing on the driveway entrance and the front entrance to the home.
4 – All windows and frames will be as specified in the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe Project Specifications Book. Windows are Thermo-Tech Classic Vinyl Windows. www.ttwindows.com.
5 – The (2) two storm doors will be total material costs for both not to exceed $700.00. This material cost includes two doors and frames plus the hardware. Contractor will source available doors and get Elder Homeowner and Project Coordinator approval at time of order.
6 – Include Building Permits as required by the MLBO Inspections (320-630-2491) and The City of Little Falls (320-616-5500) Building Department.
7 – Repair the ceiling in master bedroom where previous water problem damaged interior ceiling. Provide all materials and labor including drywall repair items and paint, labor for the entire ceiling.
Unless otherwise noted all work shall be completed according to the 2016 MLB Spec Book, including products installed.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Jim Carpenter, Project Coordinator, at 320-532-7432 (office), 320-364-9865 (cell) or at email@example.com to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
- Issued To
- Qualified General Contractors
- Publish Date
- August 25th, 2022
- Bid Date
- September 29th, 2022
- Required File(s)
- RFP and Bid Form
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- Contractor shall include 0.5% TERO tax fee in base bid. Submission of receipt for paid TERO fee is required with application for final payment.
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors are encouraged provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form (REQUIRED)
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License (if applicable)
f. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail (TERO DIRECTOR) 320-532-4778 or
EMAIL Lori Trail at Lori.Trail@millelacsband.com.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: (507 – 5th Street SW Little Falls, MN)
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. Do not require delivery signature.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
Permit and Contractor Requirements:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits and The Little Falls City Permits.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with Mille Lacs Band Title 7 as updated in Band Ordinance 07-22. Please note that bonding requirements on Mille Lacs Band Funded Residential projects has changed.
Band Ordinance 07-22 states the following:
For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $100,000.00.