43362 Nekamigaag Dr., Onamia Renovation
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed bids for an Elder Housing Renovation at 43362 Nekamigaag Drive, Onamia MN 56359. Bids will be due Wednesday January 25, 2023 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday January 26, 2023 at 10:00 AM.
Mandatory Pre-Bid Walkthrough is January 10th, 2022 at 11am.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
Work Scope Description: Unless otherwise noted all work shall be completed according to the 2016 MLB Spec Book.
- Remove and dispose of the kitchen sink, faucet, countertop section only on the sink wall. Do not remove other kitchen countertop on the other side of kitchen. Provide and install new kitchen sink, faucet, plastic laminate countertop with formed backsplash section as specified above. Repair and replace the damaged kitchen cabinet faces as necessary. Submit color and finish samples to the Elder Homeowner prior to ordering.
- Remove and replace kitchen flooring. Provide and install the new underlayment as required, provide and install new flooring. LVT or Vinyl Plank flooring samples to be provided to Elder Homeowner owner for selection and approval.
3. Remove the damaged front, entry door and frame complete. Provide and install new door and frame with new hardware. The new steel entry door and frame must be a minimum of 24 guage steel with deadbolt and lockable lever hardware.
4. Provide all new blocking for hardware support.
5. Include all new hardware with an adjustable security strike plate, provide and install all new weather-stripping, new threshold provided and installed, door must be insulated, polyurethane foam core with factory finish. Minimum of 10 year warranty.
6. Please, review MLBO Spec Book for any questions with regard to entry door and frame installation.
Furnace duct cleaning:
7. To be completed near the end of the Renovation after the dusty / dirty part of project is complete to ensure complete and thorough cleaning.
8. Coordinate with Elder Homeowner. Elder Homeowner will move items to provide access as required.
9. Remove and replace the existing ceiling exhaust fan and light combination. (Include this duct cleaning if possible or provide and replace the flexible duct with new.)
10. Clean walls and ceilings. Drywall at tub / shower area to be replaced. Repair and make all of the necessary repairs to the ceilings and walls. Popcorn ceiling removed / patch drywall / skim coat. Prime and paint walls and ceilings.
11. Remove existing toilet and replace with new toilet.
12. Remove old vanity and replace with a taller vanity complete with sink and faucets.
13. Remove existing and replace ceiling light / exhaust fan combination.
14. Remove the damaged bathroom door and frame. Provide and install new pre-hung assembly complete with new hardware.
15. Remove existing and replace ceiling light / exhaust fan combination in bathroom.
16. Remove all carpet and flooring. No new carpet. Provide and install new LVT or Vinyl Plank. Include a “UNIT PRICE” for all new underlayment. Credit back amount not needed as it becomes apparent what is needed for LVT or Vinyl Plank installation.
17. Remove and dispose of old flooring properly. Coordinate schedule with Elder homeowner as the work will need to be completed as rooms are available.
18. Sub-floor repair and or replacement to be included as required prior to new floor.
Additional Contractor Responsibilities:
- Contractor shall include 0.5% TERO tax fee in base bid, if bid exceeds $25,000.00. Submission of receipt for paid TERO fee is required with application for final payment.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all required permitting and inspections, including permit from the MLBO. (Toby Egan 320-630-2491).
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Jim Carpenter at 320-364-9865 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
- Issued To
- Qualified General Contractors
- Publish Date
- December 20th, 2022
- Bid Date
- January 25th, 2023
- Required File(s)
- RFP and Bid Form
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount.
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors are encouraged to provide the following along with their bid submittal: Completed & signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form (required)
a. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
b. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
c. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
d. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License
e. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact TERO Office at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals must be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: 43362 Nekamigaag Drive, Onamia MN 56359 - Elder Housing Renovation
PO Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. Do not require delivery signature.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to obtain the necessary permit from the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Building Department (Mr. Toby Egan 320-630-2491).
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with Mille Lacs Band Title 7 as updated in Band Ordinance 07-22. Please note that bonding requirements on Mille Lacs Band Funded Residential projects has changed.
Band Ordinance 07-22 states the following:
For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $100,000.00.