41067 Government Rd Garage, Plumbing & HVAC
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for a residential renovation project located at 41067 Government Rd, Hinckley, MN. Bids will be due Wednesday September 28, 2022 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday September 29, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
If you attend the July 12, 2022 pre-bid site visit for the previous rehab project at this site you will not be required to attend another site visit.
If you did not attend the previous site visit at this location, please call Project Management Compliance Officer, Carla Dunkley, at 320-630-2495 to schedule a pre-bid site visit. Deadline to request a site visit is Friday September 16, 2022 at 3pm.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
Work Scope Description: Unless otherwise noted all work shall be completed according to the 2016 MLB Spec Book.
41067 Government Rd
- Provide materials and labor to construct a 5’x5’ concrete pad 4” thick. Dispose of existing plastic pad. Supply and install AC-Guard security cage model AC GU with AC-Guard Top Bar to be anchored with ½”x 3” Red Head anchor sleeves to the 4’x4’ pad.
- Supply and install new Lennox 13ACX condenser, controller and lineset. New condenser shall be set on 5’x5’ concrete pad.
- Detached garage repairs:
a. Reset and repair damaged framing located at the front of the detached garage between the overhead doors.
b. Demo and replace both overhead garage doors, weathering and jamb flashing. Include replacement of broken wood side jamb on the right door.
c. Demo and replace all damaged windows components, including but not limited to panes, sashes, locking mechanisms. Ensure proper operation of all windows.
d. Demo existing dented metal siding between the overhead doors; install Tyvek house wrap and install siding to match existing, in material and color.
e. Paint over the graffiti on the siding with an exterior paint as close to the existing siding color as possible.
f. Demo and replace service door, frame, include install of aluminum clad wrap and brick mould around perimeter, weather stripping, hardware, knob and lockset. To be keyed alike house entry doors.
g. Demo all existing exterior light fixtures. Supply and install new Patriot Lighting dualux LED dual head motion sensor exterior fixtures model: E9201WH.
h. Demo and replace damaged; or supply and install missing interior light fixtures.
i. Remove and dispose of old damaged communications wiring on the exterior next to the service door.
- Demo and replace all smoke detectors with spec combo smoke c/o detector to meet code compliance.
- Demo and replace water heater.
- Supply and install water softener. Complete a water conditioning test and set softener hardness accordingly.
- Service existing HRV.
- Supply and install furnace with a-coil.
- Include a $2,500 contingency allowance to be used at Owner’s discretion for needed repairs discovered after the project has commenced. No work shall be compensated if it was not approved by the Owner prior to completion.
- Contractor shall include 0.5% TERO tax fee in base bid. Submission of receipt for paid TERO fee is required with application for final payment.
- Construction shall be permitted through the MLBO.
- Housing will maintain utilities throughout construction.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact either Carla Dunkley at 320-630-2495 or by email at email@example.com to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
Mobilization and Project Schedule:
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment, crews, and subcontractors within 30 days of a fully executed contract.
- Project will be substantially complete within 60 days of fully executed contract. Weather dependent exterior items may be allowed to exceed this timeframe with prior approval of project coordinator.
- General contractor expected to immediately, upon receipt of fully executed contract, source all required materials and products required for the project. Contractor must immediately notify project coordinator of items with long lead times that may impact project schedule.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
- Liquidated damages for exceeding specified timeframes will be in all contracts.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
- Issued To
- Qualified General Contractors
- Publish Date
- September 13th, 2022
- Bid Date
- September 28th, 2022
- Required File(s)
- RFP and Bid Form
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors are encouraged to provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Bid Form (required)
b. Completed Schedule of Values (billing worksheet page 2)
c. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
d. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
e. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
f. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License
g. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals must be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: 41067 Government Rd Garage, Plumbing & HVAC
PO Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. Do not require delivery signature.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with Mille Lacs Band Title 7 as updated in Band Ordinance 07-22. Please note that bonding requirements on Mille Lacs Band Funded Residential projects has changed.
Band Ordinance 07-22 states the following:
For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $100,000.00.