305 Fire Monument Rd Materials Removal
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for a residential materials removal project located at 305 Fire Monument Rd, Hinckley, MN. Bids will be due Wednesday January 25, 2023 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday January 26, 2023 at 10:00 AM.
There is not a mandatory pre-bid site visit.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
Work Scope Description: Contractor shall base his proposal on an approx. house size of 26’x36’ with 2”x4” exterior walls.
- Contractor shall drop ceiling inside to provide removal and disposal of the vermiculite attic insulation materials identified in the provided lab test results.
- Contractor shall removal a section of exterior wall sheetrock to determine wall insulation type. If vermiculite, take a picture to send to the Owner.
- Abatement must include the collection and disposal of all vermiculite and contaminated materials and subsequent cleaning of contaminated areas as required by applicable law/ regulations.
- Contractor shall perform all collection, disposal and containment work in compliance with any and all applicable regulations, including MN Asbestos Abatement Act.
- Contractor/Subcontractor performing vermiculite removal must be licensed in accordance with Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) to perform asbestos-related work (ARW).
- Contractor shall provide air monitoring throughout removal and containment process.
- Contractor shall provide the owner with copies of the following:
A. Contractor shall provide Owner with copies of all receipts/ log for landfill disposal.
B. Air sampling data
- Contractor is responsible for securing all required permits and notifications as required by law/ regulation for vermiculite removal and disposal. All fees for such permits and notifications are the responsibility of the Contractor. Contractor/Subcontractor shall provide copies of all such permits and notifications to MLB Community Development.
Bid Alternate #1:
Provide lump sum added cost to provide removal and disposal of vermiculite insulation materials if they are also found in the house walls. Contractor shall provide Owner with photo comparison of vermiculite insulation in the walls to the attic insulation as proof of the need for additional materials removal.
Interested bidders shall contact either Carla Dunkley at 320-630-2495 or by email at email@example.com to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
Mobilization and Project Schedule:
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment, crews, and subcontractors within 30 days of a fully executed contract.
- Project will be substantially complete within 60 days of fully executed contract.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all phases of removal, disposal and containment.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors should provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Bid Form (required)
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License
f. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
All proposals must be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: 305 Fire Monument Rd Materials Removal
PO Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. Do not require delivery signature.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
- Contractor/Subcontractor performing asbestos abatement must be licensed in accordance with Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) to perform asbestos-related work (ARW).
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) and City of Hinckley Permits.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with Mille Lacs Band Title 7 as updated in Band Ordinance 07-22. Please note that bonding requirements on Mille Lacs Band Funded Residential projects has changed.
Band Ordinance 07-22 states the following:
For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $100,000.00.