218 Old Military Rd, Sandstone Remodel
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for a *Home Remodel including kitchen, dining room, living room, bathroom and bedroom updates as indicated below for a home at: 218 Old Military Road in Sandstone, Mn. Bids will be due Wednesday March 2, 2022 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday March 3, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
A mandatory pre-bid site visit will be held on: February 16, 2022 at 10:00am.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book that supersedes previous additions.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
- Remove all kitchen cabinets and countertops. Dispose of properly.
- Remove the dishwasher and cap all water / drain lines, etc… Do not include a replacement dishwasher.
- Remove the kitchen flooring and replace all kitchen flooring and dining room flooring with vinyl plank. Include substrate repairs under removed cabinet footprint at new floor. All new base in white.
- Provide and install new custom grade cabinets and countertops complete with hardware. Include site visit and meeting with Cabinet Manufacturer (millwork provider).
- Provide and install new kitchen sink with new faucets and drain lines.
- Remove old decorative vinyl border in kitchen and all areas of the home. Make necessary wall repairs and include new paint and all labor for walls and ceiling. Entire interior of home gets repainted.
- Provide, replace and install the window blinds in the kitchen.
- Provide and install new base throughout the entire kitchen and home.
- Remove old bi-fold door hardware at pantry area. Patch and finish.
- Provide and install (2) new kitchen lights.
- Remove and dispose of all appliances. Fridge, range, dishwasher. Provide and install new fridge and range. No new dishwasher.
- Remove old flooring and prep floors for new Vinyl Plank flooring to be provided and installed.
- Prep all walls and ceilings for paint. Provide and paint all walls and ceilings up to and including the garage man door and to the utility door at back of laundry area. Paint the exterior window trim white and replace blinds with horizontal, aluminum blinds.
- Protect the floor with brown paper or appropriate drop clothes.
- Repair walls and ceiling. Provide and paint complete.
- Paint the interior of the exterior window trim white and provide and install new horizontal, aluminum blinds.
- Remove the baseboard throughout the entire home and replace with painted or prefinished white.
- Remove old front door and replace with a new door that is machined with (2) holes for a dead bolt and a knob. Provide new deadbolt, knobs and locks and keys. Same key will open all exterior door locks.
- Keyed to match the new hardware and knobs at garage door service entrance that are provided and installed by contractor.
- Prep and repair walls and ceilings. Provide paint and painting labor for same walls and ceiling.
- Remove the base moulding and replace with pre-finished or painted white base.
- Plumbing includes remove old sink and faucets in sink and shower. Provide and install new fixtures, toilet, sink and faucet, shower faucet and shower head.
- Remove and dispose of old mirror. Provide new rectangular framed bathroom mirror and installation.
- Add a duplex outlet (convenience outlet) near the shelving unit adjacent toilet area. Remove old and provide and install new light strip.
- Remove old vanity, sink and faucets. Provide and install all new.
- Tear out existing bathroom flooring. Repair subfloor to accept new flooring. Provide and install new bathroom flooring as per spec book.
- Repair the walls above the shower surround and prep for paint. Walls must be primed with appropriate primer prior to painting. Paint entire bathroom.
- Remove and dispose of old toilet and provide, install new. New shut off valve.
- Remove and replace the rusted floor vent for HVAC.
1st BEDROOM IN HALLWAY
- Provide and install a new pre-hung closet door and frame complete to fit the opening. Provide pre-finished or include finishing or painting the door and frame. Include door complete and install labor.
- Remove and dispose of existing carpet. Replace with new carpet and installation. All new base.
- Provide and install new horizontal, aluminum blinds.
2nd BEDROOM IN HALLWAY
- Repair the walls and ceilings and provide / install paint on this and all walls and ceilings in home.
- Provide and install a new light fixture.
- Provide and install new horizontal, aluminum blinds.
- Remove old flooring and provide and install new flooring.
- Remove old bi-fold and replace with new. Provide and install complete new bi-fold hardware package. Do not re-use any existing bi-fold hardware. Match style and trim moulding with existing. Stain and or finish to match.
- Repair walls, provide all materials and paint every wall and ceiling in home.
- Remove old carpet and provide / install new carpet.
- All new white base in this and every room in home.
Include cost to replace the 50 gallon Bradford White Water Heater. This is a model #M250T6DS2. ***It may be possible to repair the existing hot water heater by replacing the lower heating element. If a repair of the water heater is possible, credit back the savings.
Allowance for potential extra requests. Please, include an additional line item totaling 10% of the total project costs in the form of an allowance. This may be used with approval from Project Coordinator.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Jim Carpenter, Project Coordinator, at 320-532-7432 (office), 320-364-9865 (cell) or at email@example.com to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
- Issued To
- Qualified General Contractors
- Publish Date
- January 25th, 2022
- Bid Date
- March 3rd, 2022
- Required File(s)
- RFP and Bid Form
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License (if applicable)
f. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail (TERO DIRECTOR) 320-532-4778 or
EMAIL Lori Trail at Lori.Trail@millelacsband.com.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: (218 Old Military Road Sandstone, MN 55072)
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
**Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
Permit and Contractor Requirements:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits and the City of Sandstone.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
A. In construction contracts that are federally funded or deemed commercial, bonding is required. These types of contracts shall demand a performance bond not less than twenty (20%) percent of the total contract price, but not to exceed $500,000.00. A performance bond requirement is to ensure that, if a contractor defaults, the Band may request that the surety pay the expense incurred to complete the construction contract.
B. In addition, all construction contracts identified as federally funded or commercial shall be covered by a payment bond equal to one payment installment or cover subcontractors/suppliers as determined by the Contracting Officer or his agents. The payment bond must contain language stating that if the contractor fails to make a payment to its subcontractors/suppliers, the surety will make the necessary payment.
C. For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $100,000.00.