212 1st Ave. NW, New London
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for a *Home Update and Remodel including kitchen, first and second floor bathroom as indicated below for a home at: 212 1st Avenue NW New London, MN 56273. Bids will be due Wednesday August 17, 2022 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday August 18, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
A mandatory pre-bid site visit will be held on: Monday August 1, 2022 at 10:00am.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book that supersedes previous additions.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
Work Scope Description: Unless otherwise noted all work shall be completed according to the 2016 MLB Spec Book.
- Remove all kitchen countertops. Dispose of properly. Provide and install new plastic laminate countertops complete with backsplash on all countertops in kitchen.
- Remove and dispose of existing kitchen sink, faucets and related piping. Remove and replace the supply, waste and drain lines. Make connections or install new venting as required by code.
- Remove the dishwasher and provide/install new. Remove and dispose of existing Refrigerator, Gas Range and Microwave. Replace with “like” quality as available. Contractor will submit for owner approval prior to ordering and install. Use an allowance not to exceed $2,900.00 for the dishwasher, fridge, microwave and range combined.
- Remove the kitchen flooring and replace all kitchen flooring with vinyl plank. Include substrate repairs. All new base above the new kitchen flooring provided and installed to reasonably match existing throughout the home.
- Make necessary wall and ceiling repairs and include all materials and labor with new paint and all labor for walls and ceiling. Ceilings are damaged from water leaks that have since been corrected.
- Provide, replace and install the window blinds in the kitchen. Paint interior of window trim.
- Provide and install new base throughout the entire kitchen area. Repair or replace any damaged trim in kitchen. Finish to match dark color.
- Provide and install (3) new replacement switch devices or outlets.
- Cabinets will be salvaged and updated by cleaning the surfaces and lightly sanding. Remove doors from cabinet and remove knobs and pulls and hinges. Use mineral spirits to clean off old residue by wiping the cabinets multiple times until the grime is removed. Then lightly sand with 220 grit sandpaper and sand the cabinets and trim to give the new finish a surface to adhere to. Use slight stain coloration to cover the existing cabinet surfaces as needed. A stain and water based polyurethane or oil based mixed finish will be installed over the cleaned up cabinet surfaces. Please, review the cabinet finish choices with owner prior to installing as to avoid unwanted smells in the home during work periods. This may or may not be an issue. The Elder Homeowner will provide the necessary input while making this decision. Color and topcoat will be in thin layers to ensure the topcoat will be a clean and smooth finish. The interior of the cabinets will be left as is.
FIRST FLOOR BATHROOM
- Remove and replace shower enclosure completely. Provide all materials and labor including new piping for faucets and drain lines as needed. Replace the showerhead, faucets and hardware. Also, new shower floor pan provided and installed with proper re-enforcement in shower floor.
- Repair the ceiling and walls. Remove old wall covering and ceiling border. Prep all walls and ceilings for paint. Provide materials and paint all walls and ceilings.
- Remove and replace vanity complete with all new plumbing and faucets.
- Remove and replace the bath ceiling fan.
- Remove and replace the toilet. Include new shut off, etc…
- Provide and install bathroom specialties including paper and towel racks and (2) handicap grab bars in shower enclosure area.
- Remove the existing flooring. Replace the wood underlayment and provide and install new vinyl sheet flooring or vinyl plank flooring. Please, include the available product selected in your proposal.
UPSTAIRS BATHROOM ADJACENT BEDROOMS
- Remove and replace the toilet. Include necessary piping and shut off valve.
- Cut out badly water damaged ceiling and walls. Replace with new sheetrock, mud, tape and sand for paint.
- Repair all bathroom walls and ceilings. Provide and paint the entire upstairs bathroom.
- Provide new vanity, sink, faucets and mirror.
- Remove the 12” VCT and replace with sheet vinyl floor or vinyl plank. Underlayment may need replacement. Include all materials and labor.
DOORS AND FRAMES
- The FRONT door located within the vestibule leading into the house and the REAR located within the expansion area located adjacent the first floor restroom entry needs full replacement including frame, door and all hardware. Include the following for both door locations:
a-Provide the doors, frames and all hardware and framing / carpentry materials for both locations.
b-Rough opening preparation.
c-Setting and Fastening the Doors.
d-Properly integrate the frames and doors into the openings to reasonably match the other doors located in the home.
e-Provide either approved pre-finished doors and frames or provide all materials and labor to reasonably match the existing doors located in the home.
CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS REMOVAL AND ON-GOING CLEAN UP
23 – Provide proper clean up on a daily basis.
24 – Provide the dumpster and construction debris removal as required.
25 – Provide a MLBO Building Permit.
26 – The City Of New London, MN will not require a building permit for this project as discussed with the New London Building Inspector (jim).
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Jim Carpenter, Project Coordinator, at 320-532-7432 (office), 320-364-9865 (cell) or at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
- Issued To
- Qualified General Contractors
- Publish Date
- June 29th, 2022
- Bid Date
- August 17th, 2022
- Required File(s)
- RFP and Bid Form
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors should provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form (will be disqualified without)
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License (if applicable)
f. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail (TERO DIRECTOR) 320-532-4778 or
EMAIL Lori Trail at Lori.Trail@millelacsband.com.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: (212 1st Avenue NW New London, MN 56273)
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
**Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
Permit and Contractor Requirements:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits and the City of New London.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
A. In construction contracts that are federally funded or deemed commercial, bonding is required. These types of contracts shall demand a performance bond not less than twenty (20%) percent of the total contract price, but not to exceed $500,000.00. A performance bond requirement is to ensure that, if a contractor defaults, the Band may request that the surety pay the expense incurred to complete the construction contract.
B. In addition, all construction contracts identified as federally funded or commercial shall be covered by a payment bond equal to one payment installment or cover subcontractors/suppliers as determined by the Contracting Officer or his agents. The payment bond must contain language stating that if the contractor fails to make a payment to its subcontractors/suppliers, the surety will make the necessary payment.
C. For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $100,000.00.