16811 Ataage Drive Residential Deck
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for *Deck demo and re-build deck at 16811 Ataage Drive, Onamia. Bids will be due Wednesday, May 10th, 2023 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday May 11, 2023 at 10:00 AM.
A mandatory pre-bid visit will be held on: Thursday, April 27th, 2023 at 2:00pm.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book that supersedes previous additions.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
Work Scope Description for replacement deck:
Unless otherwise noted all work shall be completed according to the 2016 MLB Spec Book, including products installed.
Note: (Contractor should review the latest code updates regarding decks to ensure bid is figured correctly.) The MLBO Building Official (320-630-2491) is available to answer any questions regarding deck installation.
1 – Demo and remove existing deck at front entry to home.
2 – Provide labor and dumpsters for deck disposal. Dispose of properly.
3 - Remove concrete or old footings and dispose of properly.
4 – Call for UNDERGROUND utility locates.
5 – PROVIDE A DRAWING/PLAN WITH ENOUGH DETAILS FOR THE BUILDING OFFICIAL TO REVIEW WITHIN 15 DAYS OF PROJECT AWARD AND PRIOR TO PERMIT. THIS DRAWING/PLAN MUST BE INCLUDED BEFORE PERMIT WILL BE ISSUED.
6 – Provide materials and labor to construct the replacement deck in nearly the same configuration as the existing deck. We will discuss small adjustments to the deck lay-out during the MANDATORY WALK THROUGH.
7 – Provide and replace the front 36 x 80 storm door at the main entry to home.
8 – Provide and install wood decking and railings complete with all required deck lumber and fasteners. Wood decking will be 1 – 5/32 inch x 6 inch pressure treated pine.
9 – Railings will be AC2 2 x 6 Green Treated Vertical Handrail. Treated vertical handrail is required. Menards SKU # is 1113843. Please, ensure the correct rail by looking at the Menards Product Online.
10- Deck spindles must be Green Pressure Treated lumber.
11- Include “TREATING THE END CUTS’ on all cuts and holes that expose untreated wood. Treating the ends of “cut offs” will protect the lumber longer; thus ensuring a longer life for the lumber products.
12- Provide and install all materials required for a wood deck including deck materials, fasteners and connectors, footings, deck posts, beams, joists, decking, lateral support products, flashing against and or along the house, ledger products, sheathing and or siding products at this deck area.
13- Include all concrete, decking materials and labor.
14- Provide a MLBO Building Permit.
15- Include all inspections with the MLBO Building Official.
16- Include daily clean-up and labor and coordination of job-site safety concerns.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Jim Carpenter, Project Coordinator, at 320-532-7432 (office), 320-364-9865 (cell) or at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License (if applicable)
f. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail (TERO DIRECTOR) 320-532-4778 or
EMAIL Lori Trail at Lori.Trail@millelacsband.com.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: (16811 Ataage Drive Onamia, MN)
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. Do not require delivery signature.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
Permit and Contractor Requirements:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with Mille Lacs Band Title 7 as updated in Band Ordinance 07-22. Please note that bonding requirements on Mille Lacs Band Funded Residential projects has changed.
Band Ordinance 07-22 states the following:
For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $100,000.00.
- Issued To
- Qualified General Contractors
- Publish Date
- March 20th, 2023
- Bid Date
- May 10th, 2023
- Required File(s)
- RFP and Bid Form