16226 Nay Ah Shing Dr. Rehab
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for entire Roofing, Siding, Window Replacement, Roof and Interior Insulation at 16226 Nay Ah Shing in Onamia, MN 56359. Bids will be due Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday, February 17, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
A mandatory pre-bid site visit will be held: 2:30pm on (Wednesday) February 02, 2022 at 16226 Nay Ah Shing Drive Onamia, MN.
We encourage General Contractors to bring their roofing, siding, window or insulation subcontractors to this walk through if using subcontractors for material and labor.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book that supersedes previous additions.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL IN AN “A La Carte” or menu type proposal format as follows:
A. Remove all existing roofing including the shingled portion of the roof and the metal portion. Include all dumpsters and dispose of properly. Provide and install new TIMBERLINE GAF ARCHITECTURAL shingled roof for the entire new roof including the area that was previously metal. Meet all state and local installation Codes.
B. Provide and install gutters and downspouts complete.
C. INCLUDE 20 sheets of exterior roof sheathing (Roof Decking). Provide the cost per sheet that include material and labor. Any unused sheathing from this (20) sheet allowance will be credited back out of the project total at the material and labor unit cost provided.
D. Include costs to remove and “roof over” the skylight opening with material and labor for this work.
VINYL SIDING: Demo and remove the existing siding. Provide the dumpsters required and the hauling costs. Provide and Install new Certainteed Monogram Horizontal vinyl siding – Color is “Clay” or “available color” approved by homeowner at time of project. This provided and installed new vinyl siding to be installed over existing where possible or new wood wall sheathing. All existing and new sheathing to be wrapped with WRB (weather resistive barrier). As part of VINYL SIDING cost; provide and install drip cap over all windows and doors. General Contractor to include all of the materials and labor for the aforementioned work. Provide and install all new fastening strips, J-Channel and Utility Trim.
INCLUDE 40 SHEETS OF EXTERIOR SHEATHING IN BASE SIDING PRICE. Please, provide unit price per sheet for material and installation of exterior sheathing and the unused sheathing materials and labor costs will be credited back out of the project total.
WINDOWS AND DOORS. Remove all existing windows and exterior doors. Dispose of properly in contractor provided dumpsters. Provide and install all new windows and exterior doors with the required new framing lumber, waterproofing and required materials to complete the door and window replacements to meet state and local codes. Provide and install drip cap over all windows and doors. See MLBO Spec Book dated 2016 for window and door specifications. Windows are Thermo-Tech Classic Vinyl with vinyl frames complete.
Remove and dispose of damaged or wet existing attic insulation throughout the house. The Attic is readily available for inspection the day of the WALK THROUGH SCHEDULED FOR FEBRUARY 2nd AT 2:30pm. Ensure that all pipe penetrations are correct and protected during the insulation installation. Make any and all repairs to piping and or venting as it passes through the attic space. Demo any existing attic chutes without installation stops. Replace the removed chutes with new and provide and install new venting with insulation stops at exterior walls. Provide and install Sprayfoam and or Blown-In Fiberglass Insulation in the attic space to meet R49.
Include and Allowance of $5,900.00 for unforeseen conditions as part of your RFP total.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Jim Carpenter, Project Coordinator, at 320-532-7432 (office), 320-364-9865 (cell) or at email@example.com to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
- Issued To
- Qualified General Contractors
- Publish Date
- January 19th, 2022
- Bid Date
- February 17th, 2022
- Required File(s)
- RFP and Bid Form
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License (if applicable)
f. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail (TERO DIRECTOR) 320-532-4778 or
EMAIL Lori Trail at Lori.Trail@millelacsband.com.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: (16226 Nay Ah Shing Onamia, MN 56359)
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids must be submitted via mail to the P.O. Box.
FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. . Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
Permit and Contractor Requirements:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
A. In construction contracts that are federally funded or deemed commercial, bonding is required. These types of contracts shall demand a performance bond not less than twenty (20%) percent of the total contract price, but not to exceed $500,000.00. A performance bond requirement is to ensure that, if a contractor defaults, the Band may request that the surety pay the expense incurred to complete the construction contract.
B. In addition, all construction contracts identified as federally funded or commercial shall be covered by a payment bond equal to one payment installment or cover subcontractors/suppliers as determined by the Contracting Officer or his agents. The payment bond must contain language stating that if the contractor fails to make a payment to its subcontractors/suppliers, the surety will make the necessary payment.
C. For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $100,000.00.