NASS Technology Specialist I
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Technology Specialist I is responsible for providing advanced technical support to local network or system users, including troubleshooting difficult user software or hardware problems and repairing equipment. Frequently functions in a "help desk" capacity.
• Associate degree in electronics or computer technology and repair is required, Bachelor degree preferred.
• Knowledge of data processing techniques or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Two (2) or more years experience in supporting computer networks, server systems, repairing computer equipment, etc.
• Excellent personal computer skills in a Windows environment, including spreadsheet, Word, publishing, calendaring, and general office support applications.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair/resolve problems with hardware and software.
• Capable of communicating complex technical issues with systems users.
• Ability to organize work to meet deadlines and user demands.
• Exceptional personal computing skills in a variety of operating environments.
• Must have current driver’s license, reliable personal transportation, and insurability under the Band’s Auto Insurance Policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responds to and resolves user problems.
• Installs equipment and software.
• Assists in product evaluations and makes recommendations for hardware and software purchases.
• Makes repairs to computer hardware or makes recommendations to use outside repair service.
• Provides server maintenance and back-up.
• Troubleshoots and corrects server problems.
• Trains users in system, network or software capabilities and functions. Training can be one-on-one or in a classroom setting.
• Assists in developing user documentation.
• Attends required meetings and participates in various seminars and training classes to maintain or update needed skills.
• Other duties as assigned
• Work is almost exclusively in doors in a controlled climate area.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours. May involve some evening or weekend working and occasionally an 'on call' system covering emergency situations.
• Will involve working with many different people who are somewhat distressed in some way.
• Local travel is required; travel outside the state is very limited.
- Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
43408 Oodena Drive
Onamia, MN 56359
- Fax: 320-532-7492
- Email: email@example.com