NASS Data Specialist
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
Nay Ah Shing School Data Specialist is responsible for gathering, recording, tracking and monitoring data information as required for BIE structures. Filing and creating corresponding reports based on data collected. Is also required provide administrative support as needed in the areas of NASS operations to insure compliance with federal performance.
· Four-year degree and specialized training in data collection.
· Five to seven years of experience in data entry and administrative support required.
· Basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
· Ability to read and interpret information using established guidelines.
· Ability to meet established time and accuracy standards for data entry and export.
· Loves children can wholeheartedly engage in working with and for them.
· CPR and first aid certified or (within 30 days).
· Current Mantoux (yearly) and physical every two years.
· Continued compliance of the Mille Lacs Band drug and alcohol policy.
· Employment is conditional upon pre-hire and continued compliance of the background check policy.
· Mandated reporter monitor and report suspected child abuse and neglect.
· All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to MLB and Nay Ah Shing School confidentiality policy.
· Computer skills experience with various applications, such as word processing, e-mail and Internet.
· Projects and maintains an image of service and professionalism with a positive attitude and interacts easily as an integral part of the faculty and staff.
· Understanding of the relationship of the K-12 Education Program to the Mille Lacs Band Community also values and supports the mission of both.
· Sustained concentration and ability to handle multiple tasks often simultaneously.
· Understanding of K -12 Education philosophy, goals and objectives.
· Ability to work independently and establish work priorities.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· K-12 School employment experience.
· Band Member Preference.
· Must have a current valid driver’s license.
· Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance Policy.
· Must pass a background check.
· Must pass a Pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
• Background investigation required that shows no theft or fraud above a misdemeanor, no felony drug conviction and no sexual or crimes-against-a-person conviction at any level.
• A staff person with direct contact with or access to children in care must disclose the arrest, conviction, and applicant background information if that staff person:
(a) has a conviction of, has admitted to, has an adjudication of delinquency for, has been charged and is awaiting trial for, or a preponderance of the evidence indicates the person has committed:
- a crime against a child;
- an act of physical or sexual abuse;
- a felony;
- the same or similar crimes as those in this subsection listed in the laws of another state or of the United States or of any Tribal law;
(b) has a conviction of, has admitted to, has an adjudication of delinquency for, has been charged and is awaiting trial for, or a preponderance of the evidence indicates the person has committed any misdemeanor offense under Federal, State, or Tribal law involving crimes of violence; sexual assault, molestation, exploitation, contact or prostitution; crimes against persons; or offenses committed against children. The Licensing Committee may evaluate the nature and time of a misdemeanor assault charge as well as other types of misdemeanor crimes not specified in this section to determine whether employment is appropriate.
8 MLBSA § 1212(a-b).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative and Technical Support
· Assist Principals with data entry related to Maximo and other required information as mandated by Bureau of Indian Education (BIE).
· Submit reports electronically to BIE and monitor their completion.
· Evaluate BIE Submissions and record appropriate entries.
· Monitor structural updates and follow through with paperwork to complete job
· Prepare annual record of building maintenance upgrades, needs and improvements.
· Work with BIE to maintain updated information.
· Input data into MAXIMO and other data tracking programs.
· Monitor and Keep student and staff files current.
· Close out pertinent files at the end of the job completion.
· Assist with community assessments.
· Assists in the design, development and delivery of in-service training programs and orientation for staff and program participants.
· Meet with granting agency to maintain compliance in areas of school building improvements.
· Frequent written correspondence and use of network/email systems to relay timely information.
· Document, record, and file on school structural improvements.
· Generate various program reports as required.
Additional Job Responsibilities
· Will attend committee meetings and training (some travel is required) as representative of Nay Ah Shing School.
· Be available for phone and reception desk coverage as scheduled.
· Assist staff in the collection of documentations, as needed for BIE.
· Assist with Community Assessment and update manually.
· Reviews and evaluates existing programs with teams of parents, council members, and staff to enhance compliance with the performance standards and regulations.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of low stress.
· Work is exclusively in doors in a controlled climate area.
· Little threat of personal danger or risk.
· Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours.
· Local travel is required.