Mental Health Therapist
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The mental health therapist will provide mental health services to a wide variety of clients. Mental health needs will be assessed, and a plan of care established. The person in this role must be able to collaborate across departments and disciplines to provide a comprehensive plan of care.
• Master’s degree in area of practice with current licensure in the State of Minnesota as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) in good standing with their respective professional board.
• Minimally two years’ experience with providing diagnostic assessment and therapy services to a full range of individuals.
• Experience in intensive psychiatric and addiction healthcare settings preferred.
• Attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize tasks.
• Excellent communication and listening skills; able to communicate with compassion and empathy.
• Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with client’s presenting for care.
• Oriented and educated in gender, culture, and age-appropriate care.
• Ability to work in a multi-specialty team, across departments and divisions.
• Strong understanding of client confidentiality and understanding of collaborative care.
• Computer skills using Office 0356 products including Word and Outlook.
• Must have current valid driver’s license.
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a pre-employment background check, drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and implement individualized treatment plans based on client diagnostic assessment, presenting symptomology, and current life circumstances.
• Works with psychiatry and the mental health team to provides therapeutic counseling to clients and families.
• Guides clients in the development of skills and strategies to be successful in their treatment plan. relationships.
• Provide education to client’s and families on diagnosis, treatment, and skills to manage.
• Monitors client progress during treatment.
• Maintain thorough and timely documentation of all client meetings and progress.
• Maintains confidentiality of records relating to client’s treatment.
• Follows all safety protocols and maintains client confidentiality.
• Due to the inherent stress (vicarious traumatization) in providing therapy to individuals and families with psychological/emotional problems case consultation with psychiatry and the mental health team will focus on shared support and regular consultation.
• Work is primarily in doors in a controlled climate area. However, working most effectively with clients may occasionally involve visits to homes or participating in outside activates.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but extra hours may be necessary to meet deadlines and maintain workload. May involve some evening or weekend working.
• Local travel is required.
- Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Attn. Employment Coordinator
43408 Oodena Dr., Onamia, MN 56359
- Fax: (320) 532-7492
- Email: email@example.com