Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Home Visitor provides services to clients under the Maternal and Child Health Project. Services are tailored to the individual client’s needs in the areas of effectively and safely parenting their children (in-home parenting), maintaining healthy pregnancies, and ensuring adequate early childhood development. Services also include child behavior management, establishing family structure, and guided and direct parent-child interaction sessions.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Associate degree preferred
• Four years of relevant home visiting or case management experience
• Knowledge and understanding of traditional parenting practices, parenting education, pregnancy care and early childhood development.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills including letters, memos and emails
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access) and internet resources
• Must be flexible in varied working situations
• Excellent attention to detail
• Must have current valid driver’s license.
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Services to be provided may include intake, advocacy, education through home visits, primary responsibility for carrying a caseload, provide information and referrals.
• Work cooperatively with other Home Visitors and with Supervisor
• Network with other similar programs/agencies in order to increase access to a wide array of services for parents
• Implement a parenting education curriculum with parents
• Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00
• Some weekends and evenings are possible
• Moderate stress,
• Indoors (in office or in people’s homes)
- Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
43408 Oodena Drive
Onamia, MN 56359
- Fax: 320-532-7492
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org