Family Nurse Practitioner
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) is responsible for providing primary care services in accordance with scope of practice/licensure, state and federal laws and guidelines for practice and policies and procedures for Health and Human Services (HHS)/Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. The FNP will provide health care to include physical examinations, ordering and interpretation of diagnostic testing diagnosis, prescribing care management and appropriate referrals.
• Degree as Nurse Practitioner from an accredited school and has an unrestricted license with the State of Minnesota Board of Nursing to practice.
• Possess and maintains current FNP certification.
• Prescriptive authorization.
• 2-4 experience providing primary care, will consider new graduates based on interview and prior experience.
• Proficiency with medical instruments and equipment required to perform your work.
• Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as medical records and point-of-interview technology.
• A sound understanding of all pertinent federal and state regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of disease prevention and willingness to provide patient/client education
• Self-confidence in practice and ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
• Exceptional active listening skills
• Able to work and communicate effectively with patients/clients, families, providers and co¬workers.
• Experience with and understanding of Native American culture and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity.
• Able to accept direction and constructive feedback.
• Able to produce timely and accurate work with a high degree of efficiency.
• Must have a current valid driver’s license
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band driver’s insurance policy
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
• Successfully pass a background check
• Successfully complete professional and third party payer credentialing processes
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work and communicate effectively with patients/clients, families, colleagues and co-workers.
• Reviews all lab and radiology reports and assure appropriate follow up.
• Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill patients.
• Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
• Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
• Implements interventions to support the patient/client to regain or maintain physiologic stability
• Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
• Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings
• Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide whole person care
• Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools and teaching.
• Performing physical and psychosocial examinations
• Record patients' medical histories and symptoms.
• Create patient/client care plans and contributing to existing ones.
• Ordering, administering, and analyzing diagnostic tests.
• Monitoring and operating medical equipment to perform medical examinations
• Detects changes in patient/client health and modifies treatment plans, as needed.
• Educate, instruct, and counsel patients/clients and families on presenting health problems, treatment plans, and home care, and encourage and promote preventative health care and positive health behaviors
• Nature of work is such that the incumbent experiences periods of moderate to high stress levels while dealing with patients and family member issues.
• Work is exclusively in doors in a controlled climate area.
• Moderate threat of personal danger or risk, as incumbent is exposed to chemicals, and infectious agents, and must use special precautions to avoid injury or harm.
- Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
- Fax: (320) 532-7492
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org