Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Early Education Data Specialist is responsible for gathering, recording, tracking and monitoring student and staff information. Filing and creating corresponding reports based on data collected. Is also required provide administrative support in the areas of health and nutrition to insure compliance with federal performance.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• One year of post-secondary education or additional training in administrative support required.
• One year of experience in data entry and administrative support required.
• Basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
• Ability to read and interpret information using established guidelines.
• Ability to meet established time and accuracy standards for data entry and export.
• Loves children can wholeheartedly engage in working with and for them.
• CPR and first aid certified or (within 30 days).
• Current mantox (yearly) and physical every two years.
• Continued compliance of the Mille Lacs Band drug and alcohol policy.
• Employment is conditional upon pre-hire and continued compliance of the background check policy.
• Mandated reporter monitor and report suspected child abuse and neglect.
• All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start confidentiality policy.
• Computer skills experience with various applications, such as word processing, e-mail and Internet.
• Daily kneeling, stooping, bending, and occasional lifting.
• Projects and maintains an image of service and professionalism with a positive attitude and interacts easily as an integral part of the faculty and staff.
• Understanding of the relationship of the Early Education Program to the Mille Lacs Band Community also values and supports the mission of both.
• Sustained concentration and ability to handle multiple tasks often simultaneously.
• Understanding of Early Childhood Family Education philosophy, goals and objectives.
• Ability to work independently and establish work priorities.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Head Start / Early Head Start experience.
• Head Start / Early Head Start Parent.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Band’s auto insurance policy.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and criminal background check.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative and Technical Support
• Assist Health Consultant with data entry related to Medical and Dental Home, Medical and Dental follow-up, and Child Health Appraisals.
• Submit Health Appraisal forms to Health Care Providers and monitor their completion.
• Evaluate the “Certificate of Immunization Status” record for each enrolled and applying child and make appropriate entries.
• Monitor completion of required immunizations for each enrolled child.
• Prepare annual “Primary Immunization Review”.
• Work with Health Consultant on Centralized Record Keeping of health related forms.
• Provide direct clerical support for area program specialists.
• Input data into ChildPlus and other data tracking programs.
• Manage student attendance records.
• Keep student and staff files current.
• Close out files at the end of the program.
• Assist during screenings and Early Education events.
• Assist with PIR, self-assessment annually and community assessment.
• Assists in the design, development and delivery of in-service training programs and orientation for staff and program participants.
• Meet with parents to gather information required for the granting agency and program enrollments.
• Frequent written correspondence and use of network/email systems to relay timely information.
• Document, record, and file meeting minutes various committees and staff meetings.
• Generate various program reports as required.
Additional Job Responsibilities
• Will attend committee meetings and training (some travel is required) as representative of Early Education.
• Be available for phone and reception desk coverage as scheduled.
• Assist staff in the collection of child observations, documentations, work samples and data collection to determine child’s goals.
• Assist with Community Assessment and update manually.
• Reviews and evaluates existing programs with teams of parents, council members, and staff to enhance compliance with the performance standards and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of low stress.
Work is exclusively in doors in a controlled climate area.
Little threat of personal danger or risk.
Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours.
Local travel is required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492 or e-mail to email@example.com