Grade Level: E8
Days/Hours: Monday - Friday 8am to 4pm
The Compliance Manager is responsible for managing and directing the Office of Gaming Regulation & Compliance (OGR&C) Compliance Division at assigned site. Compliance monitors and inspects the Mille Lacs Band Gaming Enterprises to ensure compliance with the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) Regulations, Mille Lacs Band Detailed Gaming Regulations and Tribal-State Compacts. The Compliance Manager will report any violations and recommend appropriate corrective action to Gaming Regulatory Authority (GRA) Management. The Compliance Manager regularly communicates within the GRA and the Gaming Enterprise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, three (3) years of gaming regulatory or casino gaming operations experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- GRA experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Mille Lacs Band Detailed Gaming Regulations, NIGC Regulations and Tribal-State
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and apply regulations, statutes and technical documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or concerns internally and externally with professionalism and clarity.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in a professional and respectful manner.
- Excellent written, analytical, verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent personal computer skills in a windows environment, including spreadsheet, database and
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking.
- Ability to plan, assign and supervise the work of others.
- Must pass pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to obtain a Class A Key Gaming License.
- Must have strong moral character.
- Must have current valid Minnesota driver’s license, and reliable personal transportation.
- Must disclose immediate family members and household members working for Mille Lacs Corporate
Ventures, the Gaming Enterprises and the GRA to avoid potential conflicts.
Mille Lacs Band Member / American Indian preference applies.
- Supervision of Compliance Officers at assigned site.
- Will ensure inspections and compliance assessments of all gaming operations are complete to monitor
compliance with applicable tribal laws, rules and regulations, requirements of Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA), the NIGC, and the Tribal-State Compact to insure the honesty, fairness, integrity, and security of the gaming operation.
- Will monitor shipping, receiving, installation, relocation, removal, storage, etc. of sensitive gaming items for security and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Ensure accurate records are maintained on same.
- Accompany State and Federal regulatory staff during official audits, professionally present information or respond to requests during meetings, classes and discussion.
- At the direction of GRA Leadership, will assist with review, drafting and updating Mille Lacs Band Detailed Gaming Regulations and internal policies to maintain compliance with technological advances and changes in gaming regulations.
- Maintain open and professional rapport with management of the Gaming Enterprises.
- Report any violations of NIGC Regulations, Mille Lacs Band Gaming Regulations, Tribal-State
Compacts and operational internal controls.
- Hours of work are typically 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, with flexibility and the possibility
of extra hours due to workload or deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Gaming Regulatory Authority
Office of Gaming Regulation & Compliance
Attn: Jennifer Tretter, Executive Administrative Assistant
Grand Casino Mille Lacs 700 Grand Ave Onamia, MN 56359