46458 Grace Lake Rd Septic Install
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for replacement of the on-site septic system for the home located at 46458 Grace Lake Rd, Sandstone. Bids will be due Wednesday July 13, 2022 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday July 14, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
There will not be a mandatory pre-bid site visit. However, contractors are encouraged to look at the site. Any contractor submitting a bid, must contact Carla Dunkley prior to submittal to ensure that a pre-bid addendum has not been issued.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the MN Chapter 7080 and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
Work Scope Description: Please note that bids will only be accepted from licensed septic installers performing 34% or more of the work scope themselves. Bids will not be accepted from general contractors.
2016 MLB Spec Book, MN Chapter 7080 and Approved Septic Design by Environmental Systems Dated 6/15/2022.
Contractor shall provide all equipment, materials and labor to complete the work described or referenced in this rfp and within the provided Environmental Systems design.
- Install an on-site septic system per the approved septic design provided by Environmental Systems dated 6/15/2022. Contractor shall ensure a complete and functional system.
- The contractor shall have the existing septic tank pumped and crushed or filled. Contractor shall assume tank holds up to 2,000 gallons. Contractor shall complete tank abandonment form and submit a copy to the Project Coordinator, including pumping slip.
- Contractor is responsible for cutting vegetation and tree removal as required to install the system in accordance to MN Chapter 7080. Contractor is responsible to cutting trees located within the mound foot print and immediately around the mound, as needed to access the area to construct said mound. Trees shall be cut flush with the ground. Any trees measuring 6” or more in diameter shall be cut into 8’ sections and hauled to the DNR shed located on Ojibwe Rd. Smaller trees or brush cleared can either be chipped or hauled away for offsite disposal.
- Contractor shall follow proper MN Chapter 7080 mound prep procedure, keeping traffic off the designated mound area. Contractor shall be responsible for the cost of any: compaction testing; re-design fees; or additional costs associated with system redesign or relocation; if these expenses are incurred due to contractor or subcontractor damaging the mound location.
- If determined necessary to keep water from ponding, contractor shall construct a swale around the left end (or East end) of the mound which will adequately divert runoff from mound to the rear of the lot. Said swale shall ensure that water does not pond around the toe of the mound; nor should mound runoff be directed toward the mound located at the neighboring lot.
- Contractor shall provide and install alarm and control panel per design.
- Contractor shall be responsible for electrical connections and any required trenching.
- Contractor will be responsible for all yard repairs caused by system installation, including grading, black dirt cover and seeding.
- Contractor shall be responsible for contacting the inspector identified by the Mille Lacs Band to schedule inspection of scratch, tanks, rock bed and final cover.
- Contractor shall also be responsible contacting Project Coordinator, Carla Dunkley, to schedule project site visits to see scratch, tanks and rock bed before covering.
- Contractor shall provide an As-Built System drawing for submission to MLBO.
- Contractor will not receive final payment until the Band’s contracted inspector has completed a successful final inspection and issued a Certificate of Compliance; and Owner has been supplied with full lien waivers for all subcontractors and suppliers.
- Contractor is responsible for calling Gopher One before digging.
- For bids totaling $25,000 or more, .5% TERO tax fee shall be included in the base bid and paid to the TERO office prior to receipt of final contract payment.
- Due to the weather dependent nature of the work, work is shall be completed as soon as possible but the contract will be drafted with a completion date of September 30, 2023.
Specified Product Substitutions: No substitutions will not be allowed on products specified within the design.
Interested bidders shall contact Carla Dunkley, Project Management Compliance Officer at 320-630-2495 or by E-mail at email@example.com to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors should provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form (bid will be disqualified if bid form is not signed)
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Installer’s License
f. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: 46458 Grace Lake Rd Onsite Septic
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320) 532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
- Contractors must be MN licensed septic installers.
Permit and Contractor Requirements:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits.