Bus Driver DIII
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Bus Driver is responsible to drive the bus in accordance with local and state laws and regulations, which include ensuring a safe environment for the children from door-to-door. Will also be responsible for daily cleaning and light classroom maintenance. May assist in classrooms.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• One year of experience as a bus driver or combined education and experience equivalent.
• Must have a clean or good driving record with the ability to be insured under the Band’s auto insurance policy.
• Projects a positive image of service, which represents the area of assignment.
• Complies with the Mille Lacs Band drug and alcohol policy.
• Complies with federal background check policy.
• Loves children can wholeheartedly engage in working with and for them.
• CPR and first aid certified or (within 90days).
• Current mantox (yearly) and physical every two years.
• Continued compliance of the Mille Lacs Band drug and alcohol policy.
• Employment is conditional upon pre-hire and continued compliance of the background check policy.
• Mandated reporter monitor and report suspected child abuse and neglect.
• All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to head Start confidentiality policy.
• Projects and maintains an image of service and professionalism with a positive attitude and interacts easily as an integral part of the faculty and staff.
• Understanding of the relationship of the Early Education Program to the Mille Lacs Band Community also values and supports the mission of both.
• Sustained concentration and ability to handle multiple tasks often simultaneously.
• Employees of the Mille Lacs Early Education Program are excluded from MLEE governing boards or committees.
• Head Start / Early Head Start experience.
• Head Start / Early Head Start Parent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Drives the bus on assigned routes, notifying coordinator of any changes during route.
• Follows state and local laws and regulations.
• Completes gas, mileage records and repair requests.
• Performs and documents daily safety checks.
• Maintains schedule while following safety rules.
• Ensures children are dropped off at the requested location only.
• Maintains order on bus.
• Is reliable and on time to ensure routes stay on time.
• Understands and delivers safe student transportation.
• Daily cleaning as assigned.
• Minor maintenance as assigned assuring general maintenance and inventory for equipment and supplies.
• Attend required trainings.
• Assure that the Head Start Performance Standards are met.
• Maintain supportive documentation as appropriate.
• Typical hours are between 6:00 – 5:30 Monday - Friday.
• Requires overtime
• Significant and frequent stress.
• Work is both in and out doors
• Risk or personal danger exposure is high.
• Local travel is required