45225 US Hwy 169 Onamia HC Rehab
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for renovation and construction at 45225 US Hwy. #169, Onamia, MN. Bids will be due Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday September 30, 2021 at 10:00 AM.
A mandatory Pre-Bid site visit will be held at the site on Wednesday, September 15th, 2021 at 11:00 AM.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
Work Scope Description:
Main Level Bathroom:
- Remove and dispose of the existing whirlpool tub, toilet, existing tub and vanity, mirror, existing bathroom door and frame, carpet flooring, carpet pad, tile flooring, all base, all trim, exterior window, lighting, light switches and outlets, bath fan, air supply and returns, wood ceiling. All replacements will be in new locations. All finishes to be removed and replaced with new. This is an entire bathroom remodel to be provided and installed by General Contractor.
- Terminate the plumbing (supply and vent) that is not re-useable in its current location. Provide/install new water lines, waste water pipes, venting, at new location.
- Provide and install new cultured marble top with integral basin and new faucets, drains, supply lines complete plumbing.
- Provide and install new faucet. Model to be MOEN ASME112.18.1 or close equivalent as approved by owner.
- Provide and install new toilet. Model to be American Standard Cadet 3. Color – White, Handicap Height.
- Provide and install new vanity. Model to be Architectural Woodwork Quality. Provide shop drawings.
- Provide and install shower complete with mosaic tile floor over pan complete with rubber membrane and all plumbing and drain considerations, built in bench (seat), wall tile provided and installed on three walls floor to ceiling. Provide and install new faucets and all water piping and drain / vent. Provide and install tiled (mosaic tile) curb below the provided and installed slide by glass shower doors. Waterproofing, caulking and sealing needs to be planned and completed professionally to ensure no future water problems. Include new sub-floor for entire shower area and bathroom. Shower floor to be 1.5” Hexagon Mosaic tile. Remainder of bathroom tile floor to be provided and installed 12 x 12 floor tile. Wall tile provided and installed 4” x 8”. Provide and install slide by glass shower doors with fully Obscure Glass finish in Traditional Style Frame.
- Provide and Install grab bars Stainless Steel, 1 – ¼” outside diameter, minimum 0.05 inch wall thickness, No. 4 finish, nonslip grasping surface finish, concealed flange mounting; 1 – ½ inches clearance between wall and inside of grab bar. Wood backer to be provided and installed for all locations. Also, provide (2) additional, matching stainless steel grab bars at toilet area.
- Provide and install new lighting fixture over vanity, ceiling exhaust fan light combination, outlets, switches for bathroom to match existing level of finish in home.
- Provide and install new medicine cabinet and mirror combination to match new vanity.
- Remove and reinstall existing, upper cabinets at new locations in bathroom. Not all will fit. Re-use part of the upper cabinets as possible.
- Provide and install all new accessories for toilet room / shower. See spec. book pages 181 and 182.
- Provide and install new tile flooring and new tile base. Tile to be Porcelain. Provide and install all new dura rock cement board subfloor. Then spread thinset mortar. Embed the cement board and screw it to the underlayment with 1 ¼” cement board screws.
- Provide and install new light fixtures immediately above the shower area and the toilet area, switches and all required wiring complete. Provide and install total of two (2) additional convenience outlets in the bathroom and on the hall side of bath wall.
- Provide and install new supply and return registers. Re-route any other supply or return ductwork affected by the demolition and or new configuration. Provide new ductwork as needed to complete remodel.
- Provide and install floor to ceiling Wall tile in shower area on 3 sides, 3-walls entire height, tile will run around the existing window opening. Existing drywall to be removed and durock backer board or Kerdi Board to be placed behind all wall and floor tile (see notes on floor tile #13 above).
- Include tile and installation on the wall adjacent the removed and replace exterior window and frame complete in bathroom.
- Provide and install a glass block window and frame. This glass block window assembly must include a fresh air vent with screening. Include exterior siding repairs to finish up to new window and frame. Insure water tightness on interior and exterior at this replaced window area to prevent water damage. Menards 32” W x 22” H. Model#V3222IS.
- Rough in the new opening size for aforementioned glassblock window and frame new door opening to accept a 32” x 6’8” frame and door.
- Provide and install new door and frame. Doors to be pre-hung solid core flat panel and painted to match home standard door color at direction of owner.
- Provide and install new hardware and lockset. To be lever in finish color to match existing home standard. Homeowner to verify color selection.
- Adjust the opening as required complete with materials and labor. Patch subfloor, in-fill door footprint at wall when door is moved over.
- Provide materials, all labor for Patch and Repair Drywall ceiling and walls. Repair the hallway sheetrock walls, ceiling and finish for paint. All sheetrock surfaces in bathroom to be new and taped, mudded, sanded for finish painting. Provide and install all related materials and labor including insulation in all bathroom walls and ceiling.
- Painting drywall walls of entire bathroom. Provide and install Sherwin Williams Paint or Benjamin Moore Eggshell paint.
- Prior to final coat of Paint on ceiling and all walls, provide and install MPI approved products including latex primer sealer to prime all walls and ceiling in Bathroom.
- Provide and install a new light fan combination in new sheetrock, bathroom ceiling.
- Provide and install all new baseboard. Pre-finished white hardwood, colonial Base moulding #634.
Base moulding is 3/8 x 2 – 3/4
- Patch and Repair Drywall walls around the relocated bathroom door. Make all necessary repairs. Prepare and sand for paint. Do not salvage clothes shoot. Remove door and shoot entirely and patch over.
- Provide all painting materials and labor. Paint the hallway walls and ceiling.
- Relocate the existing doorbell in Hallway outside the bathroom to a location it will fit in same hallway.
- Relocate the wiring for thermostat and doorbell as required in the bedroom hallway.
- Provide and install all new baseboard. Pre-finished white hardwood, colonial base moulding.
- Provide and install all new direct glue down (LVP) luxury vinyl plank flooring. Same as main level at kitchen, dining room, living room.
Flooring (main level):
34. Remove and dispose of all carpet, carpet pad, tack and all staples, nails, etc. in 2 Bedrooms, hallway, living room.
35. DEMO and Remove / dispose of floor tile in kitchen and dining area. Prep will include whatever is necessary to provide and install the new 6 X 48 LVT “SHAW CONTRACT / SOLITUDE” (LUXURY VINYL TILE). Include inside all closets.
36. Prep for new sub-floor by leveling prior to installing all new underlayment throughout entire home. Provide and install all new 1/5” x 4’ x 8’ Hardwood Plywood Underlayment Specialty Panel. All new LVT, Carpet and Tile will be installed over this new Underlayment. Include all materials and labor.
37. Provide and install 6” x 48” Shaw Contract Solitude LVT (color selection is Woodland 48760) In entry area, living room, kitchen, dining, hallway and bedrooms.
38. Provide and install new “SHAW FLOORS ARTISTIC PRESENCE” carpet and all related installation materials and labor in both bedrooms and both closet areas.
39. Provide and install LVT tile reducers at transitions between rooms including tile to LVT, carpet to LVT. Thresholds must be low profile as the objective is to minimize the tripping hazards for homeowners.
40. Provide and install all new baseboard. Pre-finished white hardwood colonial base moulding #634. 3/8 x 2-3/4. Include all new base complete throughout the entire main level of the home includes bathroom, bedrooms, hallway, kitchen (include providing and installing on all existing base cabinets), dining area, living room. Finish paint new base “White”.
41. Stabilize existing stair treads. May require some structural lumber to firm up the stairwell.
42. Infill open sidewall with drywall. This includes fire-taping any drywall in stairwell. Paint entire stairwell.
43. Supply and install a new metal handrail the full length of stairwell on 1 wall. Include backer and code compliant returns connecting the rail to the wall with heavy duty stand-offs for maximum safety.
44. Supply and install Johnsonite service weight round nose ST. vinyl tread and stair covering.
45. Tear out old carpet, base and carpet pad and tack strips and all flooring. Provide and install new “SHAW FLOORS ARTISTIC PRESENCE” Provide and install baseboard to match colonial base moulding to be used throughout the entire first floor of the home including inside closets. Base to be finish painted “White”.
46. See item #36 above for flooring underlayment details.
Bid Alternate #1: N/A
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Jim Carpenter – CMD Project Coordinator or at 320.364.9865 to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
- Issued To
- General Contractors
- Publish Date
- September 7th, 2021
- Bid Date
- September 30th, 2021
- Required File(s)
- RFP and Bid Form
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License
f. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail at (320) 532-4778.
- INCLUDE ½ % of the total bid for TERO FEE in your base bid. Please, keep this TERO fee in alternates also.
All proposals must be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: (45225 US Hwy. #169)
PO Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. Do not require delivery signature.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permit & Local jurisdiction if required.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book. Please note that bonding requirements on Mille Lacs Band Funded Residential projects has changed. All projects over $50,000 require bonding regardless of company ownership.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
A. For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $50,000.00. The performance bond shall be at a minimum twenty (20%) percent of the contract price, but not in excess of $500,000.00.
SECTION II – BIDDING FORMS
Bidding Requirements and Contract Forms
FY 2021 CONSTRUCTION BID FORM
REQUIRED FOR ALL BIDS
FIRM NAME: __
JOB/PROJECT: 45225 US HWY #169
LUMP SUM PRICE:
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
ALTERNATE #1 (kitchen work)
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
ALTERNATE #2 (upstairs flooring)
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
Acknowledgement of Addendum(s): 1) __ date 2) date 3) date
BID GUARANTEE PERIOD:
I agree to hold this bid open for a period of 90 days after the bid opening. If this bid is accepted I agree to execute a Contract and/or a Purchase Order with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe along with furnishing all required bonding (if required) and insurances.
I understand that this company, its subcontractors and all employees performing work on this project will be expected to comply with all Mille Lacs Band TERO Compliance Regulations. Upon being informed that I will be awarded a contract for this project, I will submit all required TERO Compliance Plans directly to the MLB TERO Office for review and approval.
Acknowledgement of TERO Compliance: _____
ATTACHMENTS REQUIRED: Failure to provide any of these attachments will result in bid disqualification.
o MLB BID FORM (MUST BE SIGNED)
o MLBO VENDOR LICENSE
o COPY OF CURRENT INSURANCES
o COPY OF MINNESOTA CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE
o SUB-CONTRACTOR LISTS (Include values)
FIRM NAME: ____TELEPHONE:_____
EMAIL ADDRESS: ____