19500 S. Whitefish Drive IHS Septic Replacement
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for replacement of an on-site septic system for the home located at 19500 S. Whitefish Drive, Onamia. Bids will be due Wednesday August 30, 2023 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday August 31, 2023 at 10:00 AM.
There will not be a mandatory pre-bid site visit. However, contractors are encouraged to look at the site. Any contractor submitting a bid, must contact Carla Dunkley prior to submittal to ensure that a pre-bid addendum has not been issued.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the MN Chapter 7080.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
Work Scope Description: Please note that bids will only be accepted from licensed septic installers performing 34% or more of the work scope themselves. Bids will not be accepted from general contractors or contractors with restricted licenses.
Contractor shall provide all equipment, materials and labor to complete the work described or referenced in this rfp, provided IHS Specifications, MN Chapter 7080 and within the provided Environmental Systems design.
- Install an on-site septic system per the approved septic design provided by Environmental Systems dated 5/26/23. Contractor shall ensure a complete and functional system.
- The contractor shall have the existing septic tank pumped and crushed or filled. Contractor shall assume existing tank holds up to 2,000 gallons. Contractor shall complete tank abandonment form and submit a copy to the Project Coordinator.
- Contractor shall be responsible for contacting the inspector identified by the Mille Lacs Band to schedule inspection of scratch, tanks, rock bed and final cover. Minimum of 24 hour notice is required.
- Contractor shall also be responsible contacting Project Coordinator, Carla Dunkley, to schedule project site visits to see scratch, tanks and rock bed before covering.
- Contractor shall also be responsible contacting the Mille Lacs Band’s THPO Office prior to any ground breaking activities to arrange for a THPO Monitor. Mike.email@example.com or 320-532-7450
- Contractor shall provide an As-Built System drawing for submission to MLBO.
- Contractor will not receive final payment until the Band’s contracted inspector has completed a successful final inspection an issued a Certificate of Compliance; and Owner has been supplied with full lien waivers for all subcontractors and suppliers.
- Contractor is responsible for constructing a temporary driveway across the ditch to the west side of the property and removing materials after project completion. Contractor shall also be responsible for removing and reinstalling/ replacing a section of the chain link fence to access the west yard of the home.
- Contractor is responsible for removal and disposal of existing mound materials per design and disposing of them off-site. For bidding purposes, contractor shall assume that all existing sand must be replaced. Bid Alternate #1: Provide deduct unit cost per inch of sand that is determined to be clean and not required to be replaced by the contracted inspector.
- Contractor shall include the cost of removing and disposal of all existing materials; and supply and install of all new materials, including be not limited to cover materials, topsoil, sand, rock, fabric and piping.
- Contractor shall be responsible for pumping tanks for the duration of project, including the period of drying once the old mound materials are removed.
- Contractor is responsible for cutting vegetation and tree removal as required to install the system in accordance to MN Chapter 7080.
- Contractor shall follow proper MN Chapter 7080 mound prep procedure, keeping traffic off the designated mound area. Contractor shall be responsible for the cost of any: compaction testing; re-design fees; or additional costs associated with system redesign or relocation; if these expenses are incurred due to contractor or subcontractor damaging the mound location.
- Contractor shall provide and install Polylok PL120 filter with alarm and flow meter with event counter per design.
- Contractor shall be responsible for electrical connections and any required trenching.
- Contractor will be responsible for all yard repairs caused by system installation, including grading, black dirt cover and seeding.
- Contractor is responsible for calling Gopher One before digging.
- Although we acknowledge the weather and soil condition dependent nature of the work, it is expected that the work be completed as soon as possible; but the contract will be drafted with a completion deadline date of July 31, 2024.
- Contractor shall include 0.5% TERO tax fee in base bid. Submission of receipt for paid TERO fee is required with application for final payment.
Specified Product Substitutions: No substitutions will not be allowed on products specified within the design.
Interested bidders shall contact Carla Dunkley, Project Management Compliance Officer at 320-630-2495 or by E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the IHS Specifications, including Environmental Systems design; and to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
- All proposals shall include the following:
a. Sign and completed Mille Lacs Band Bid Form.
b. Completed and signed bid schedule included in IHS specifications.
c. Copy of current MLB Vendor’s License. (or a copy of submitted application)
d. Copy of current certificate of insurance for General Liability and Property Damage.
e. Copy of an authorized signature sheet if one is not already on file with the Mille Lacs Band.
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: 19500 S. Whitefish Drive, Onamia IHS Septic
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320) 532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
- Contractors must be MN licensed septic installers.