Position Title: Roads Technician
Location: Community Development
Reports to: Roads Supervisor
Opening Date: November 29, 2017
Closing Date: December 13, 2017
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
Maintains reservation roads, roadsides, and right of ways.
• Must possess a commercial driver’s license, and is encouraged to have or seek both an airbrakes and commercial tanker endorsements.
• High school graduate or GED certificate required.
• Knowledge of and able to operate and maintain heavy equipment including bobcats, skid loaders, front-end loaders, backhoes, and Ransom riding lawn mowers.
• Knowledge of and able to operate and maintain equipment including chain saws, weed trimmers, air powered drills, and lawn mowers.
• Knowledge of and able to operate snow removal equipment.
• Ability to communicate with community members.
• Must be able to work reliably under limited supervision.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends as required.
• Must be insurable under the Band’s auto insurance policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains and repairs reservation roads and roadsides.
• Clears and grubs roadsides and other right of ways.
• Repairs equipment.
• Mows roadside ditches.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work exposes incumbent to conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, and gases.
• Work exposes incumbent to possible bodily injury from moving mechanical parts of equipment, tools, or machinery.
• Work is performed for sustained periods outdoors and occasionally in hot, cold, or inclement weather.
• Work requires use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, or gloves.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours, particularly during the winter.
• Local travel is required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Attn. Employment Coordinator
43408 Oodena Dr., Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org