Property Management Assistant (DIII) (2 Positions)
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Property Management Assistant maintains the physical properties and assists the Weatherization Department with installing energy efficiency measures within identified Weatherization clients owned by the housing department within the Division of Community Development and Private residences not owned by the Department.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Valid Minnesota Driver’s License or be able to obtain a valid Minnesota Driver's License within 90 days of hire and be insurable under the MLBO insurance required.
• One year proven carpentry experience desired.
• Previous property maintenance experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of all outdoor power equipment is required
• Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and repair all outdoor power equipment.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Working knowledge of the standard practices, materials, tools and equipment utilized in the - maintenance of homes, and rental units, as well as standard practices as they relate to the Department of Energy (D.O.E) SWS handbook for home efficiency and weatherization techniques desired. -
• Ability to create, organize and maintain schedules and communicate timelines to supervisor(s)
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety precautions associated with assigned work, required.
• Previous wall preparation and painting experience required.
• Ability to work cooperatively as a team member, and respond courteously to community members.
• Ability to gather information from multiple sources to make decisions.
• Able to multi-task effectively.
• Ability to communicate effectively with constituents.
• Experience in and sensitivity to Native American Culture.
• Valid Minnesota License or be able to obtain a valid Minnesota Driver's License within 90 days of hire and be insurable under the MLBO insurance required.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collects and removes debris - from rental properties and prepares properties for rehabilitation and or remodeling.
• Prepares rental units for new tenants according to policy and procedure.
• Maintains grounds of all vacant Housing rental units.
• Submit list of -maintenance supplies to Housing Maintenance Supervisor - for weekly/monthly ordering, maintain proper inventory levels.
• Must be able to work well with others
• Must promote a safe work environment at all times.
• Must ensure the quality meets MLB standards.
• Must be able to attend approved Department of Energy (D.O.E) training as it relates to the National Weatherization program.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Generally, the standards Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe government hours will be required from Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm. Over time maybe required depending on several factors such as weather and job deadlines. Schedules may fluctuate due to disruption avoidance of specific projects.
• Little stress.
• Both in and out doors.
• Risk or personal danger exposure is high.
• Local travel is required to all districts within reservation