Mental Health Therapist (Two Positions)
Position Title: Mental Health Therapist (Two Positions)
Location: HHS/Behavioral Health
Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health
Opening Date: November 29, 2017
Closing Date: December 13, 2017
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Mental Health Therapist provides professional therapeutic services in the testing, evaluation, counseling or behavior management of persons with mental disorders or behavioral issues.
• Graduation from a master’s degree program with emphasis in psychology or behavior modification/management from an accredited college or university.
• Current state licensure from the state of Minnesota is required or working towards license.
• Two (2) to five (5) years of professional clinical work experience as a psychologist in an institutional or community mental health, mental retardation, long-term care or corrections program.
• Knowledge of Native American traditions and customs.
• Knowledge of the theory and practice of administering, scoring, and interpreting a wide variety of standardized psychometric tests and measurements.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of clinical psychology.
• Knowledge of interviewing and other informational gathering techniques.
• Knowledge of psychotropic medications.
• Must have a current driver’s license, reliable transportation, proof of current insurance coverage, and insurability under the Band’s Auto Insurance Policy.
• Must pass a background check, and pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform diagnostic, evaluative, counseling, and behavior modification/management planning and programming services for selected patients, families, and groups.
• Prepare and present planning, progress and evaluation summaries in regard to selected clients.
• Administer, score, and interpret a variety of intelligence, achievement, aptitude, interest, social maturity, and personality tests for clients.
• Design behavior modification programs and trains other caregivers in behavior management principles and procedures.
• Consults with parents, other caregivers, and other Band personnel in dealing with client’s behavioral and emotional issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Due to the inherent stress (vicarious traumatization) in providing therapy to individuals and families with psychological/emotional problems, therapists should have regular consultation and support with fellow mental health workers.
• Work is primarily in doors in a controlled climate area. However, working most effectively with clients may occasionally involve visits to homes or doing outside activates.
• Little threat of personal danger or risk.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but extra hours may be necessary to meet deadlines and maintain workload. May involve some evening or weekend working.
• Local travel is required, limited travel outside the state is also required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492