Maintenance Technician I (DI Old Community Center)
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
Maintenance Technician I is responsible for routine unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance work and cleaning, including exterior grounds, of assigned areas.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• One (1) year experience in custodial work and/ or maintenance work, required.
• Must obtain “Special” Boiler License within one year of hire.
• Working knowledge of the standard practices, materials, tools and equipment utilizes in the cleaning and maintenance of buildings, required.
• Ability to maintain schedules providing for regular cleaning and basic maintenances of all assigned facilities.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety precautions associated with assigned work, required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to carry out oral and written instructions, required.
• Valid Minnesota Driver’s License is required to commute to other facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sweeps, mops, scrubs, strips, and buffs floors and hallways; vacuums, dusts, cleans, repairs of furniture, equipment, fixtures, windows and blinds.
• Collects and removes waste paper and trash from offices, rooms, halls, and restrooms; washes walls, windows, mirrors, light fixtures, and drinking fountains; disinfects toilets, urinals, sinks and floors.
• Performs set-up work for community and departmental meetings.
• Restocks all cleaning and restroom supplies; unstop sinks, toilets and drains; replaces light bulbs as needed.
• Submit list of cleaning/maintenance supplies to superior for weekly/monthly ordering, maintain proper inventory levels.
• Keeps outside premises in an orderly condition; sweeps or shovels snow from walkways; removes trash on premises; sweeps parking lots; and applies sand and salt as needed/and or requested.
• Assists maintenance staff in grounds keeping duties.
• Performs routine, minor repairs and maintenance tasks under direction or guidance.
• Other duties as assigned
• Work exposes incumbent to conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation.
• Work exposes incumbent to possible bodily injury from moving mechanical parts of equipment, tools, or machinery.
• Work exposes incumbent to hazardous chemicals.
• Work is performed for sustained periods outdoors in hot, cold, or inclement weather.
• Work requires use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, or gloves.
• Must be able to work a variable schedule, including some weekends.
• Local travel is required.