Loss Prevention Auditor
Under the direction of the Loss Prevention Fraud intelligence Manager, this position is responsible for assisting in conducting reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities to determine if they are in compliance with applicable policy and procedures, and regulations. This position is responsible for assisting in planning and executing audits of all entities reporting to Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures. This position is also responsible for reporting findings and making recommendations in accordance with accepted audit standards. This position interacts with all levels of management throughout the company.
MEETING PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability needed to effectively execute this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
• Assist in developing, implementing and evaluating internal auditing policies and procedures that at a minimum, are within industry standards.
• Plan and conduct audits by understanding venue objectives, policies, processes and internal controls.
• Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and communicate results and recommend changes in operations and activities to management.
• Collect and analyze data to detect inadequate, inefficient or ineffective controls, duplicated efforts, fraud or non-compliance with established policies.
• Communicates audit progress and findings during departmental meetings and highlights unresolved issues.
• Collaborates with Fraud Analyst during the course of investigations to pinpoint the source of fraud or theft.
• Review to confirm if recommended changes or motivational practices have been implemented and if they are being followed and completes an ROI analysis of changes that were made.
• Increase job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading and researching professional publications and maintaining personal networks.
• Contributes to the team results by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization; helping others accomplish related job results as needed.
• Displays a high level of maturity, discretion, tact, judgment and the ability to deal with confidential matters.
• Held accountable, to the highest degree, for the control, accuracy and thoroughness of all expenses, records and reports.
• Responsible for other Loss Prevention Duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors degree from an accredited school in Criminal Justice, Finance, Business Administration or related field; or four (4) years of equivalent combination of education and/or experience in any of these fields
• Minimum of two (2) years of audit experience or Loss Prevention experience required
• Certified Internal Auditor certificate preferred
• Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
• Travel between MLCV Business Units will be required
• If required, must be able to pass company pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test.
• Must be able to secure license from Gaming Regulatory Authority.
• Mille Lacs Band Member and American Indian preference will be exercised in the hiring process.
• Responsible for following all relevant DGR’s.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to effectively communicate in one-on-one, small group situations, and to moderate-sized gatherings of associates, executives and/or community leaders.
• Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, percentages, common fractions, and decimals.
• Must be able to apply common sense understanding to a variety of situations, in order to collect data, analyze facts, and determine appropriate response.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to:
• Talk and hear;
• See and adjust focus to include close, distance, color, depth, and peripheral vision;
• Stand, walk, run, sit, balance, stoop, kneel, climb, crouch, and/or crawl;
• Handle objects, tools, and controls; reach with arms and hands.
• Lift, push, pull and/or move objects weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to:
• A low-to-moderate noise level (offices).
• A moderate-to-loud noise level (operations areas).
• Second-hand cigarette/cigar smoke.
• Moving mechanical and/or electrical components.
• Chemical solutions such as cleaning and polishing compounds.
• At times may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
The company requires every associate to:
• Maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
• Encourage mutual respect among associates by setting positive examples consistent with company policies.
• Maintain an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company mission, vision and values.
• Maintain a professional reputation in the company and community.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Grand Casino Mille Lacs & Hinckley
777 Grand Ave, PO Box 343
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-8372 or (320) 384-4778
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or TStarinets@grcasinos.com