Food Shelf Lead Warehouse Technician
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Lead Warehouse Technician supervises part time warehouse staff and maintains the Warehouse. The Lead Warehouse Technician also processes, fills, and delivers food distribution commodities and food shelf product, and is responsible for all warehouse equipment.
• High school diploma or GED is required.
• Two to four years of experience managing a warehouse, including inventory management required.
• Previous experience supervising a staff of two to four people is required.
• Safe Serve Certified a plus.
• Ability to operate a PC in a Windows environment.
• Ability to operate a forklift and hand pallet jacks.
• Ability to read instruction, decipher, and follow proper procedures and directions.
• Understand and implement food safety manuals and the USDA FNS 501 Handbook
• Familiarity with Mille Lacs Band communities preferred.
• Able to deliver food to individual households.
• Experience in and sensitivity to Native American culture.
• Must have a current valid driver’s license.
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a background check.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain storage space for food commodities/food shelf product. Assure storage is properly safeguarded against theft, spoilage, insect and rodent infestation, and other food storage hazards. Keep commodities and food shelf product separate
• Receive and store food commodities as they are delivered.
• Maintain physical inventory.
• Maintain records of food received, inventory on hand, and food distributed.
• Facilitate distribution of food commodities/food shelf product to program participants. Assist participants in carrying food packages to personal vehicle, food distribution van, or to their homes.
• Prepare packaged commodities for Districts II and III and home delivery of commodities.
• Periodically clean warehouse and offices as needed or as indicated in cleaning schedule.
• Comply with all safety rules and assure other staff complies with safety rules while in warehouse.
• Record temperature for dry storage, refrigerator, and freezer storage as appropriate.
• Maintain a maintenance record of Freezers, coolers, forklift, vehicle, and all other FD equipment. Schedule maintenance as needed.
• Report damaged, short, or overage commodities as appropriate.
• Issue food orders as appropriate.
• Provide administrative support to Food Distribution staff, including telephone coverage, taking commodity orders, messages, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work is generally indoors in a controlled climate area. Some work may be in refrigerated or freezer areas.
• Will transport food packages to homes in all four communities. Can expect to be in a vehicle making frequent stops and lifting up to 40 lbs, multiple times during an entire 8-hour shift.
• Hazards include injury due to lifting, falling objects, moving vehicles, etc. Personal protective clothing and devices may be required in some situations. Cleaning chemical hazards require proper protection as well.
• Hours are typically 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Local travel is required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org