Environmental Services Technician/Lead Worker (DIII)
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Environmental Services Lead Worker will assist the Environmental Services Supervisor with the day-to-day operations of the department in each facility. They will complete any needed repairs and maintenance, they will be required to handle needed paperwork and employee issues, all reports will be directed to the Environmental Services Supervisor.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Two (2) years of prior experience in environmental services work, preventative maintenance, and minor repair to buildings and equipment is required.
• One year of prior experience in staff supervision is required.
• Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in cleaning various types of building surfaces and items of furniture.
• Knowledge of safety issues for environmental services management.
• Prior experience in ordering and working with outside vendors.
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, vendors, others.
• Ability to maintain confidential nature of information.
• Ability to maintain schedules providing for regular cleaning of all facilities assigned.
• Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to read and interpret material safety date sheets on chemicals.
• Knowledge of OSHA guidelines concerning hazardous chemicals.
• Knowledge of proper disposal techniques for bio-hazardous waste.
• Knowledge of infection controls techniques.
• Experience in and sensitivity to American Indian culture.
• Valid Minnesota driver’s license required.
• Must have a current valid driver’s license.
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a background check.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works with the Maintenance Supervisor and will conduct the daily supervision of the Environmental Services staff.
• Schedules daily work activities as directed.
• Makes needed repairs to the facilities system which will include the heating and cooling systems, the main building mechanical systems, and related facility equipment.
• Maintains on-going preventative maintenance work and repairs, conducts facility inspections to assure all areas are receiving equal care.
• Keep housekeeping and maintenance supplies at appropriate levels.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Work exposes incumbent to conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation.
• Work exposes incumbent to possible bodily injury from moving mechanical parts of equipment, tools, or machinery.
• Work exposes incumbent to hazardous chemicals and bio-hazards.
• Work requires heavy lifting of 50 lbs or more and requires climbing ladders.
• Work is performed outdoors and occasionally in hot, cold, or inclement weather.
• Work requires use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, or gloves.
• Hours are typically 8-4, Monday-Friday, but possibly with some extra hours or on-call emergencies.
• Local travel is required.