Environmental Compliance Specialist
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Environmental Compliance Specialist assists in the development and implementation of environmental management systems, renewable energy and energy efficiency, recycling, hazardous and solid waste, pollution prevention, air quality, water quality, brownfield management, Environmental Assessment worksheets and Categorical Exclusion worksheets.
• A high school diploma or GED is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences required.
• Must be a EPA Region 5 Credentialed Underground Storage Tank Inspector within one (1) year of hire.
• Three to five years of administrative setting experience required.
• Three years of experience in Resource Management and Environmental Sciences preferred.
• Personal computer skills in a Windows environment, including word-processing, spreadsheet, database management, and ARC/GIS applications.
• Familiarity with and ability to operate various field and office equipment including global positioning systems (GPS), fax machines, photo copying machines, etc.
• Knowledge of natural resource, ecosystem and environmental management strategies.
• Ability to organize and maintain records and filing system.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to type at least 45 words per minute.
• Ability to deal with sensitive confidential data.
• Ability to understand and follow directions.
• Ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities.
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to the Mille Lacs Band culture.
• Must have drivers license Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy
• Must have current driver’s license, reliable personal transportation, proof of current insurance coverage and insurability under the Band’s Auto Insurance Policy.
• Must be sensitive to cultural values of natural resources
• Must pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists in conducting land use studies, investigation and research projects.
• Assists in coordinating and implementing conservation, renewable energy, recycling management program goals and objectives.
• Assist with collecting environmental and natural resource information.
• Assist with investigating renewable energy and recycling implementation strategies.
• Coordinate and assist the development of environmental management systems
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work involves both field and office work.
• Work in the field often requires walking and climbing over rugged terrain under adverse conditions and prolonged exposure to hot and cold weather.
• Protective equipment may be required under certain circumstances. Otherwise, little threat of personal danger or risk.
• Must be able to lift over 50 lbs.
• Hours are typically 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but possibly with some extra hours. May involve some evening or weekend work.
• Local travel is required; travel outside the state is very limited.