Employee Health Registered Nurse
Position Title: Employee Health Registered Nurse
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Opening Date: November 28, 2017
Closing Date: December 12, 2017
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Employee Health Registered Nurse provides supervision of direct clinical nursing services for the Mille Lacs Band Health Services and is responsible for the development and administration of efficient and professional operations of occupational health services.
• Associate’s Degree in Nursing and State of Minnesota licensure required.
• Three to five (3 – 5) years of experience in Nursing required.
• Experience in ambulatory care strongly preferred.
• Capable of maintaining strict confidentiality of patient information.
• Knowledge of professional nursing theory, trends, and practice.
• Knowledge and understanding of health promotion and disease prevention.
• Knowledge of the principles of supervision, organization and administration.
• Knowledge of policies and practices affecting work.
• Knowledge of professional clinical nursing and administration.
• Knowledge of MIIC system, and vaccination schedules.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to delegate and work with a team.
• Ability to effectively plan, direct and coordinate nursing services with the needs of the clinic and community.
• Ability to learn, assist or coordinate programs for nursing education, employee health, infection control, clinical skills training and preventative health.
• BLS certification required (training provided).
• Experience in and sensitivity to Native American culture.
• Must have a current valid driver’s license.
• Must have reliable personal transportation and proof of current insurance coverage.
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a background check.
• Must pass a Pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist Director of Nursing in delegation and coordination in all activities of nursing staff.
• Oversee and manage the administration and operational activities of occupational health services.
• Responsible for securing and developing all records, equipment, and programs related to Employee Health Services.
• Provide or manage the required physical evaluation programs and services to meet regulatory requirement; such as OSHA, CDC, etc.
• Assist with accident investigation to identify root cause analysis of all post-exposure incidents and near misses.
• Contribute in the design of controls for injury prevention and health surveillance related to actual and potential hazards in the work environment.
• Identify primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention and health promotion strategies to optimize health of the population.
• Run monthly GPRA reports for providers and nurses.
• Assist Director of Nursing in review, development, and implementation of policies and standing orders for Health Services.
• Act as patient care coordinator; assist with referrals, reminder letters, and follow up with patients to ensure preventative screening is being done.
• Triage patient phone calls and walk-ins as needed.
• Participates in supervision of nursing staff.
• Observe and enforce all policies and procedures related to infection control, sharps exposure and disposal, safety, etc.
• Coordinate training for staff regarding infection control and exposure control plan.
• Assure medications, sterile, and non-sterile supplies are inventoried and properly stored.
• Dispose of expired stock.
• Assure that procedures for disposal, sanitizing, and storage of instruments are properly followed.
• Assure the cleanliness and organization of all nursing stations.
• Conduct quality assurance checks and react properly to any deficiencies.
• Participate on committees as necessary.
• Participate in continuing education to maintain credentials and increase expertise and knowledge.
• Conduct orientation and tracking of employee health required vaccinations and trainings.
• Fills in, when necessary, with nursing shortages to deliver direct patient care.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that employee may experience periods of moderate to high stress levels while dealing with patients, family members, and employee issues.
• Work is exclusively indoors in a controlled climate area.
• Hours are typically 8 – 5, but possibly with some extra hours. May involve some evening or weekend working and occasionally an “on call” system covering emergency situations, and assisted living needs.
• Limited travel within the state is required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org