Early Education Cook
Position Title: Early Education Cook
Location: Early Education
Reports to: Nutrition Services Coordinator
Opening Date: November 29, 2017
Closing Date: December 13, 2017
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Early Education Cook is responsible to assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of food, cleaning, sanitizing and storing of food and utensils, dishes, etc. in an orderly and sanitary manner.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Two year of experience in food preparation, cafeteria helper or combined education and experience equivalent.
• Previous supervisory experience required.
• Ability to read, decipher, and follow proper procedures and directions.
• Physically able to handle large quantities of food.
• Freedom from contagious disease.
• Experience in and sensitively to Native American culture.
• Must pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares all main entrée items and oversee the preparation of salads, snacks, beverages and desserts.
• Listen to program participant complaints and concerns and respond appropriately.
• Manage inventory to include dating and rotating stock; order food, supplies, and related equipment, and maintains proper records.
• Monitor the temperature of cold storage devices.
• Maintain proper sanitation in the food preparation areas at all times.
• Report safety or sanitation issues to supervisor or environmental services staff.
• Ensure all food is prepared, served, and stored in accordance with standard food preparation and service guidelines to ensure prevention of food borne illnesses.
• Prepare special diets according to prescribed standards.
• Ensure that each person on a special diet gets the correct meal.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of modest stress levels due to workload.
• Work is almost exclusively in doors in a controlled climate area. However, kitchen temperatures can become uncomfortable at times.
• May involve exposure to heat and humidity or hazards such as cuts and burns.
• Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours.
• Travel is not required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Human Resources Specialist
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320)532-7492
e-mail to email@example.com