District Coordinator DII
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The District Coordinator is to provide program management for district one: coach, mentor, supervise and train all district staff. Manage and track staff files, implement Performance Standards and monitor all components. Responsible for recruitment of staff to fill agency needs following mandated hiring policies.
• BA degree or higher, in Early Childhood, Human Resources, or related field required.
• Preferred three years supervisory experience in Early Childhood Programs.
• Preferred three years’ experience in business management or human resources.
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and/or written) are required.
• Computer skills are required.
• Loves children can wholeheartedly engage in working with and for them.
• Computer skills experience with various applications, such as word processing, e-mail and Internet.
• Current mantox (yearly) and physical every two years.
• Continued compliance of the Mille Lacs Band drug and alcohol policy.
• Employment is conditional upon pre-hire and continued compliance of the background check policy.
• Mandated reporter monitor and report suspected child abuse and neglect.
• Facilitate and encourage cultural activities and practices in a respectful and professional manner.
• Projects and maintains an image of service and professionalism with a positive attitude and interacts easily as an integral part of the faculty and staff.
• Understanding of the relationship of the Early Education Program to the Mille Lacs Band Community also values and supports the mission of both.
• Valid MN Drivers License insurable under the Mille Lacs Band.
• Sustained concentration and ability to handle multiple tasks often simultaneously.
• Employees of the Mille Lacs Early Education Program are excluded from MLEE governing boards or committees.
• Head Start / Early Head Start experience.
• Head Start / Early Head Start Parent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor and track performance, attendance, certifications, required documents and timecards of all subordinate staff.
• Recommended areas of improvement through coaching and/or corrective action plans that reflect the individual needs of staff and/or the team.
• Document and monitor both positive and negative feedback, and ensure documentation is forwarded to the human resources office.
• Perform yearly evaluations based on program criteria and objectives, utilizing agency forms and procedures.
• Coordinate personal and professional development and training plans of all district staff.
• Facilitate resolution of conflicts between staff.
• Monitor and provide feedback for all employee related accidents.
• Respond to staff grievances and complaints following mandated guidelines and policies.
Parent Involvement & Community Partnerships
• Coordinate with community partners in the areas of family service delivery, training, and community events and activities.
• Attend and participate in community committees, meetings, and organized events.
• Provide information on the Head Start program to the community.
• Serve as an advocate for the Mille Lacs Band Members in the district.
• Prepare and submit monthly reports on direct service activities and status to the program director.
• Provide reports to program governance boards, councils, and committees as needed.
• Model desired staff behavior throughout the program positions.
• Ensure adequate systems are in place to maintain the highest quality of services to children and families in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards.
• Arrange and facilitate regular district staff meetings.
• Ensure compliance with codes of all IHS, BIA, state and local agencies, performance standards and grant requirements.
• Make regular classroom observations.
• Typical hours are between 6:00 – 5:30 Monday - Friday.
• Requires overtime
• Moderate stress
• Work is both in and out doors
• Risk or personal danger exposure is moderate.
• Local travel is required
• Travel outside the state is required if necessary.