Community Health Representative (2 Positions)
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Community Health Representative provides basic health and social services to Band members and serves as a liaison between service providers and Band members.
• Minimum of high school diploma or GED is required.
• Knowledge of Band and other local health and social service resources.
• Two (2) years experience in Health care field required.
• Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
• HHA Certification or certification in other health education related field preferred.
• Knowledge of patient care, dressing changes, taking and recording vital signs, and other basic patient care preferred.
• Ability to work and communicate sensitively, confidentially, and effectively with patients, families, public agencies and co-workers.
• Ability to read and write to maintain logs and prepare monthly reports.
• Good communication skills.
• Experience in and sensitivity to Native American culture.
• Must have a current valid drivers license.
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a background check.
• Must pass a Pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as a liaison between Band members and health and service providers.
• Advise Band member regarding health and social services available within the community.
• Make home visits to the elderly and chronically ill as assigned.
• Make visits to hospitalized patients as assigned.
• Advise health and social service providers of the needs of the elderly and chronically ill.
• Make referrals to health and social service providers as necessary.
• Conduct and facilitate health and safety education programs within the district.
• Provide health education to families by modeling good health habits, demonstrating, encouraging, and supporting self-care and home health care techniques.
• Distribute information regarding health and self care to clients.
• Provide transportation to health resources as needed.
• Maintain a record of activity and report this information periodically.
• Assist with all Public Health programs and services as needed.
• Assist mothers in caring for children with handicapping conditions, chronic and catastrophic illnesses, and unusual circumstances.
• Perform tasks as assigned by Public Health Nurse and documents the same.
• Provide support to grieving families following the death of a family member.
• Provides Public Health Nurse with information regarding the status of patients and the effectiveness of care plans.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of moderate stress while dealing with clients, family members, and others.
• Work is primarily indoors, with some home visits and transporting.
• Little threat of personal danger or risk other than that associated with travel.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours.
• Local travel is required.
- Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
- Fax: (320) 532-7492
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org