Certified Nursing Assistant (Part-Time On-Call)
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing personal care, home-making services, and medication reminders or other services to residents living in the Assisted Living Units, as delegated by a health professional.
• Minimum of High school graduate or GED is required.
• Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification is required.
• Knowledge of Band and other local health and social service resources.
• Minimum of one year of experience in health care field required. Knowledge of patient care, dressing changes, taking and recording of vital signs, and other basic patient care preferred.
• Current CPR Certification is required.
• Ability to work and communicate sensitively, confidentially, and effectively with patients, families, public agencies and co-workers.
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
• Ability to adapt to change is required.
• Ability to read and write to maintain logs and prepare monthly reports. Good Communication skills.
• Knowledge of the Data Privacy Act and ability to maintain confidentiality of residents, facility, and Band information.
• Experience in and sensitively to Native American culture.
• Must pass a background check.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
• Must have a current valid drivers license
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as a liaison between Band members and health service providers. Advise Band members regarding health and social services availability within the community.
• Assist resident with laundry as delegated by the RN.
• Assist resident with cleaning as delegated by the RN.
• Take vital signs as delegated by the RN, and report changes or concerns to the RN.
• Assist in planning and delivery of health education/disease prevention information. Assist with personal care as delegated by the RN.
• Assist with treatments as delegated by the RN.
• Administer medications previously set up by the RN.
• Maintain knowledge of all clients and their needs to assure that appropriate health care and education is provided.
• Report changes in physical and emotional condition, such as change in attitude, loss of appetite, weight change, falls etc., to the RN/Nurse Manager. Remind residents who self-administer medications to take medications and report concerns.
• Maintain a complete all record keeping as assigned.
• Complete charting as assigned.
• Assist with scheduling transportation.
• Assist clients in obtaining services for which they are eligible.
• Accept and act on referrals from health professionals and community agencies.
• advocate for clients in the community.
• Advise others when supplies and equipment need to be re-ordered.
• Maintain professional knowledge base practice standards and protocols for assisted living services.
• Attend meeting and in-service trainings as assigned.
• Answer questions in person and by telephone regarding departmental procedures and requirements, scheduling information, and other activities.
• Review client folders in advance of appointments assuring that proper documents are completed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of moderate stress while dealing with clients, family members, and others
• Work is primarily indoors.
• Some minimal exposure risk to blood borne pathogens and infectious disease.
• On call staff must be available to work all shifts and weekends with the expectation of a minimum of one shift per month.
• Rotating days, evenings, nights with every other holiday. 24/7 facility.