Care Team Home Health Aide
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
This position provides support for clients to remain in their homes by monitoring health status, providing support services through home care and case management. The home health aide works closely with the case manager and/or home care nurse to make sure clients receive the level of support needed to feel safe, comfortable and connected to their homes and communities.
• High school graduate or GED is required.
• Home Health Aide or Certified Nursing Assistant certification is preferred however will consider experience and documented training commensurate with the ability to be successful in the job.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience providing care for individuals with health-related diagnosis needing support and monitoring to remain living independently.
• Knowledge of and experience with client care, dressing changes, taking and recording of vital signs, etc.
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of confidentiality when caring for clients.
• Demonstrated comfort with electronic documentation and O365 Office, including Word and e-mail
• CPR Certification is required, if not current must commit to obtaining within 90 days of hire.
• Will complete Narcan administration training.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people of all ages.
• Experience in and sensitivity to Native American culture with knowledge of traditions and customs
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work intimately and sensitivity with clients, their families and significant others.
• Must have current valid driver’s license.
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a pre-employment background check, drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor client condition by monitoring vital signs, weight, activity nutrition and hydration.
• Assists client with personal cares such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
• Assist clients with mobility and physical therapies/exercises.
• Based on client plan of care provide guidance on cares and engage family in the plan.
• Provide companionship and basic emotional or psychological support
• Advise and educate clients about services available from the Band and other resources.
• Maintain knowledge of all client’s current plan of care.
• Document client care given on each visit.
• Refer to case management for assistance with obtaining services for which they are eligible.
• Advise case manager/Home Care RN when supplies and equipment need to be re-ordered.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of moderate stress.
• Work is generally in doors in a controlled climate area.
• Minimal threat of personal danger or risk.
• Work exposes incumbent to contagious or infectious diseases or hazardous chemicals. Work requires use of personal protective devices such as mask, goggles and gloves.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours.
• Local travel is required.