31528 State Hwy 48 Rehab
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Drive
Onamia, MN 56359
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for a residential renovation located at 31528 State Hwy 48, Hinckley. Bids will be due Wednesday February 3, 2021 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday February 4, 2021 at 8:30 AM.
A mandatory Pre-Bid site visit will be held on January 13, 2021 at 1:30 p.m. Note: Project Coordinator has 2 pre-bid visits scheduled immediately before this in East Lake, as such, start of visit may need to be adjusted. Please make to contact Carla Dunkley to RSVP so that you may be contacted if schedule changes.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
Work Scope Description: Unless otherwise noted all work shall be completed according to the 2016 MLB Spec Book.
- Demo and replace all damaged; or supply and install any missing siding and accessories. All new siding shall match existing and be stained alike.
- Supply and install missing white trim around windows and entry doors to match upper windows.
- Pressure wash and clean all siding and exterior surfaces.
- Remove and dispose of the existing dishes installed on the roof. Contractor shall caulk screw holes or repair any damage to the roof.
- Demo and replace damaged; or supply and install missing exterior light fixture components.
- Supply and install all new LED bulbs for all exterior light fixtures.
- Demo and replace damaged; or supply and install missing gutters or downspouts.
- Contractor shall clean out all gutters.
- Contractor shall cleanout all exhaust or intake vents.
- Supply and install front entry door per the Spec Book. Demo and replace frame and weatherstripping. Finish per Spec Book.
- Demo south patio door. Modify the opening to fit 3’ entry door per Spec Book. Supply and install spec entry door. Install lock set per Spec Book; to be keyed alike all other new lock sets. After modified, finish this section of exterior wall by in-filling siding (color match to existing), insulation, vapor & air barriers per Spec Book.
- Demo the side vinyl patio door. After removed, frame this section of wall and finish by in-filling siding (color match to existing), insulation, vapor & air barriers per Spec Book.
- All entry door lock sets to be keyed alike. Hardware finish should be Satin Chrome.
- Supply and install spec storm doors to front and back entries with chain kits.
- Finish framing exterior walls on north main level addition for the deleted windows; and finish by in-filling insulation, vapor & air barriers, siding (color match to existing), per Spec Book.
- Demo and replace all decking cap boards. Demo and replace any damaged spindles. Secure any loose spindles.
- Pressure wash entire deck.
- Supply and install missing; or demo and replace damaged window screens.
- Repair grade around the perimeter of the home next to the foundation flashing, including installation of black dirt and seeding.
- Contractor shall supply and install any missing outlet box covers.
- Provide materials and labor to construct a 5’x5’ concrete pad 4” thick. Supply and install AC-Guard security cage model AC GU with AC-Guard Top Bar to be anchored with ½”x 3” Red Head anchor sleeves to the 5’x5’ pad.
- Contractor shall move existing A/C condenser and install onto concrete pad. Contractor may need to drain, disconnect, reconnect and/ or recharge condenser.
- Well – Demo and replace well pump. Contractor shall be responsible for disinfecting the existing well; and testing for coliform bacteria and nitrates.
- Contractor shall provide dehumidification throughout renovation to minimize swelling.
- Install sheet rock for modified south entry door opening, deleted side entry and new framing in north main level addition. Texture, paint and finish, including installation of baseboard stained to match existing finish.
- Demo and replace all smoke detectors with spec combo smoke c/o detector to meet code compliance.
- Patch, texture, prime and paint all interior drywall surfaces. Texturing to match existing as closely as possible. Prime all drywall with Zinsser mold killing primer. Repaint Dover White. Demo and replace any sections of drywall with heavy molding.
- Demo and replace any damaged; or supply and install any missing tongue and grove ceiling in the north addition area. New ceiling shall match the existing finishes. Existing pieces stored in the home may be reused if not damaged.
- Demo and replace any damaged; or supply and install any missing, damaged or painted receptacle and switch covers.
- Demo and replace any damaged; or supply and install any damaged or missing floor vents, grilles, diffusers and return air covers with spec products.
- Demo and replace any damaged or non-Spec interior light fixtures; or supply and install any missing interior light fixtures with Spec products, to include all new light bulbs per Spec Book schedule.
- Demo ceiling fan in living room Supply and install Samantha 3 light semi-flush mounted light fixture model: cf57517sn and controller per Spec Bk.
- Install new LED bulbs throughout the interior.
- Demo all existing flooring except tile in lower bathroom; and replace with Congoleum Sunstone vinyl flooring. Supply and install underlayment where needed. Grind and prep subfloor for neat even appearance.
- Demo all existing kitchen cabinets. Supply and install all new cabinets, countertop, sink, faucet and hardware per provided layout. Stain finish to match existing.
- Install wiring in kitchen interior wall for new range and hood. Vent the new hood through the exterior wall.
- Demo venting for existing range and patch floor from removed venting.
- Demo and replace range hood with Spec model.
- Demo and dispose of existing oven and refrigerator. Supply and install new Whirlpool oven model# WFC150MOJW and refrigerator model# WRT311FZDW.
- Demo and replace any damaged; or supply and install any missing baseboards, trim, jambs or casing. Match to existing finishes. Woodwork should be free of cracking, water damage and excessive paint.
- Demo and replace any damaged (cracked or water stained); or supply and install any missing window extension jambs, trim or casing. Match to existing finishes.
- Demo and replace any damaged; or supply and install any missing window components.
- Thoroughly clean all window surfaces.
- Supply and install new bath vanity 70”x20”, countertop, sink and faucet for lower bathroom. Stain shall match existing finishes.
- Demo and replace bath faucet in upper bathroom.
- Supply and install sheetrock to enclose upper side portion of bathroom shelving opening. Contractor shall install wood trim (matching the existing flooring baseboards) to case the opening.
- Demo and replace the toilet stools in the lower and upper bathrooms.
- Demo and replace the shower trim sets for the lower bath tub/ shower and upper shower.
- Install drywall to cover the backside of the lower bath tub/ shower. Cut an access panel and supply a cover. Texture, prime and paint to match all other drywall surfaces.
- Demo and replace bath fans with spec products vented to the exterior.
- Supply and install missing bath accessories.
- Thoroughly clean tubs and surrounds.
- Re-caulk counter tops, toilet stool bases, tub/shower surrounds, as needed.
- Supply and install access cover of opening cut in lower bedroom closet ceiling.
- Demo the siding pocket door at the step up to the living room from the north entry room. Demo and replace damaged; or supply and install missing trim.
- Supply and install missing interior doors for main level bathroom, main level bedroom and door to crawl space stairway. All new doors shall match the existing stain finishes. Demo existing hardware and install all new for the new doors. Doors shall be knotty pine plank style from one of the manufactures listed in the Spec Book.
- Supply and install any missing door-stops throughout with spec product.
- Demo all existing interior door hardware, including: knobs, strike plates, hinges; supply and install new per Spec Book. Finish should be Satin Chrome.
- Adjust all existing interior doors.
- Supply and install new capboard for stairs. Match existing finishes.
- Finish framing upper south bedroom closet. Install drywall, texture, prime and paint to match all other drywall surfaces. Closet to have sheetrock opening with no doors.
- Remove and dispose of existing hardware and bi-fold doors for upper north bedroom closet.
- Demo and replace damaged; or supply and install missing shelving. All new shelving shall be wire per Spec Book.
- Demo and replace existing furnace, A-coil and hot water heater per Spec Book. Dispose of old units.
- Contractor shall supply and install new water softener per Spec Book. Contractor shall complete water conditioning test and set softener hardness accordingly.
- Demo and replace any damaged; or supply and install missing copper and plumbing lines, fittings, etc.
- Contractor shall demo and replace any damaged; or supply and install missing duct work.
- Contractor shall have all duct work cleaned.
- Service existing HRV unit.
- Insulate exposed plumbing pipes in crawl space per Spec Book.
- Provide and install window blinds throughout with Spec product. Dispose of any existing.
- Thoroughly clean all interior surfaces.
- Include a $10,000.00 contingency allowance to be used at Project Coordinator’s discretion for needed repairs discovered after the project has commenced.
- Contractor shall include 0.5% TERO tax fee in base bid. Submission of receipt for paid TERO fee is required with application for final payment.
- Construction shall be permitted through the MLBO.
Bid Alternate #1
Provide lump sum cost to repair detached garage, as follows.
- Make framing repairs to correct sagging header on large overhead garage door.
- Make all necessary repairs to overhead garage doors, rails and springs to ensure proper function. Repaint exterior panels to match existing garage soffit and fascia.
- Demo and replace damaged; or supply and install missing fascia and soffit. All new pieces shall match existing.
- Demo and replace existing windows with Thermotech vinyl sliders. Supply and install white trim as brick mold for front window to match the house. Supply and install metal flashing for rear windows to match existing metal siding color.
- Demo existing front siding; install Tyvek house wrap and install siding to match the house in material and color.
- Supply and install metal jambs for overhead garage doors to match soffit and fascia in color. Supply and install weather stripping.
- Supply and install service door, frame, weather stripping, hardware, knob and lockset.
- Supply and install Spec exterior light complete with new LED bulb.
- Supply and install new interior LED light bulbs.
- Demo and replace broken interior light switch.
- Remove and dispose of sagging poly in half of garage ceiling; as well as any insulation that may be present.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact either Carla Dunkley at 320-630-2495 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. Completed schedule of values (billing worksheet page 2)
c. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
d. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
e. Completed and signed copy of the TERO Compliance Plan
f. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
g. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License
h. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals must be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: 31528 State Hwy 48, Hinckley
PO Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. Do not require delivery signature.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits. Site will also require city permitting.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book. Please note that bonding requirements on Mille Lacs Band Funded Residential projects has changed. All projects over $50,000 require bonding regardless of company ownership.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
A. For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $50,000.00. The performance bond shall be at a minimum twenty (20%) percent of the contract price, but not in excess of $500,000.00.
SECTION II – BIDDING FORMS
Bidding Requirements and Contract Forms
FY 2021 CONSTRUCTION BID FORM
REQUIRED FOR ALL BIDS
FIRM NAME: __
JOB/PROJECT: 31528 State Hwy 48, Hinckley
LUMP SUM PRICE:
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
ALTERNATE #1: (Lump Sum to Complete Detached Garage Repairs)
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
Acknowledgement of Addendum(s): 1) __ date 2) date 3) date
BID GUARANTEE PERIOD:
I agree to hold this bid open for a period of 90 days after the bid opening. If this bid is accepted I agree to execute a Contract and/or a Purchase Order with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe along with furnishing all required bonding (if required) and insurances.
I understand that this company, its subcontractors and all employees performing work on this project will be expected to comply with all Mille Lacs Band TERO Compliance Regulations. Upon being informed that I will be awarded a contract for this project, I will submit all required TERO Compliance Plans directly to the MLB TERO Office for review and approval.
Acknowledgement of TERO Compliance: _____
ATTACHMENTS REQUIRED: Failure to provide any of these attachments will result in bid disqualification.
o MLB BID FORM (MUST BE SIGNED) ° LETTER FROM BONDING SURETY
o MLBO VENDOR LICENSE ° SUB-CONTRACTOR LISTS (Include values)
o COPY OF CURRENT INSURANCES ° COPY OF MINNESOTA CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE
o SCHEDULE OF VALUES
FIRM NAME: ____TELEPHONE:_____
EMAIL ADDRESS: ____