Sher 2019 2 Home Package
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Drive
Onamia, MN 56359
RFP for 2 New Homes to be constructed at:
Bagwadakamig Court (Lot 8, Block 2): Elder Blue Spruce Garage Right
Bagwadakamig Court (Lot 10, Block 2): H/C Butternut Garage Right
Sher Development, Onamia
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed bids for construction of two new homes to be located along Bagwadakamig Court on Lots 8 & 10 of Block 2 in the Sher Development in Onamia, MN Bids will be due Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 8:30 AM.
A mandatory pre-bid site visit will be held Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 9:00am.
Directions to project site from Grand Casino Mille Lacs: US Hwy 169 north 2 ¾ miles to Timber Trails Rd intersection. Turn left onto Timber Trails Rd and continue south 1 mile to Gichiayaabe Loop intersection. Then right into the Sher Development. Follow Gichiayaabe Loop to the Bagwadakamig Drive intersection. Turn onto Bagwadakamig Drive. Then turn left onto Badwadakamig Court. We’ll be starting at Lot 8, Block 2 which is the second lot on the left side.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
Work Scope Description:
Turn Key Construction. 2016 MLB Spec Book and Approved Bldg Drawings.
- Construct 2 new homes: Bagwadakamig Court (Lot 8, Block 2): Elder Blue Spruce Garage Right; Bagwadakamig Court (Lot 10, Block 2): H/C Butternut Garage Right. See attached site plans and new home selection sheets for options.
On both homes:
a.) Furnace thermostat model to be installed will be Honeywell T6 Pro Series TH6210U2001.
b.) Contractor shall install either Certainteed or LP Smartside woodgrain finish trim board between lap siding and gable shakes to be painted as specified for each house.
c.) Contractor shall install Mid-America Mounting Blocks and Vents in Certainteed color specified for siding on each home. Mounting blocks shall be installed for all openings, j-channel will not be allowed to box any openings other than windows or doors.
d.) Contractor shall install #4 re-bar reinforcement @ 24” o.c. in garage slabs & exterior concrete; and #4 rebar @ 48” o.c. in each house slab.
e.) Simpson H25 hurricane ties shall be installed at every roof truss, one at each end.
f.) Each home’s base bid should include the cost of insulating wall cavities with Knauf Jet Stream Ultra Blowing Wool Insulation not batt insulation.
g.) For homes requiring a sump pump, pumps shall never discharge directly onto exterior concrete; and contractor shall include cost of 25’ extension for discharge with each installation.
h.) On foundations, aluminum coil stock must be sufficient width to extend a minimum of 6” below final grade.
- Excavate and install new frost footings. Excavate all material to footing depth and import clean sand fill material for backfilling per 2016 MLB Spec Book. Contractor is responsible for removal and export of any excess soils or fill quantities that cannot be used onsite.
- Elevation will be discussed at the pre-bid site visit.
- Contractor shall include 500 extra blocks and 300 yards of extra fill used for foundation construction and backfill in their base bid. Unit costs submitted in Bid Alternate #1 shall be used to calculate credit back to Owner for unused Block and Fill; or cost of additional material.
Note: these costs should include all associated materials, equipment and labor that would be necessary if the extra block and fill were utilized.
- Silt fencing has been installed by Owner at perimeter of each building site.
- Construction limits will be within the perimeter of existing silt fence surrounding the proposed home; however, permission may be granted by the Owner to go beyond. General Contractor shall be responsible for silt fence, storm drain protection, and street cleaning throughout construction. Additional tree removal and additional clearing may be required based on site conditions. This will be identified at the pre-bid site visit.
- Contractor shall provide any removal of trees and brush to clear 25’ along the entire perimeter of each home.
- Submittals and Attachments:
a.) Pre-Bid Acknowledgement / Sign in sheet.
b.) All submittals shall be submitted within ten days of construction start.
c.) Contractor will provide a warranty outline with their proposal.
d.) Omissions or deletions will not be accepted without a written request indicating the reason why the omission or deletion is needed.
e.) O&M manuals will be created by the contractor with all warranty cards and operator manuals inserted in a three ring binder before punch list.
f.) [MLBO / CD] will choose all aesthetic types and colors.
- Provide code required radon mitigation system. This may be achieved by utilizing a shallow interior drain tile / pvc system and rock bed, vented through the roof.
- Foundation Drainage: Daylight drain tile to the exterior where grade allows, or provide sealed sump basket and pump. Provide a vertical stack cleanout on the highest point in the exterior drain tile system. Coordinate with Project Coordinator.
- Contractor shall include all costs associated for municipal water and sewer service connections, and coordinate required inspections.
- Bids must be honored for 90 calendar days.
- Landscaping and final site work will be conducted by the Owner. General Contractor responsible for rough grading of the site to within three inches of final grade.
- Driveway Construction: Contractor shall install 6” of class 5 material with 2” topping of reclaimed asphalt or crushed concrete. Driveways shall be: 20’x30’ for lot 8, Block 2; 20’x35’ for Lot 10, Block 2, both measuring from the edge of curb to garage apron. Provide flared approach to each garage.
- Contractor shall be responsible for connections to utilities. Electric-(Mille Lacs Energy Cooperative), Natural Gas-(Center Point Energy), Water and Sewer and all costs associated. All utilities shall be the Contractor’s responsibility until the home is officially turned over to the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (punch list completion).
- Include additional 911 sign and post to be installed at driveway approach. Contractor shall be responsible for submitting and obtaining the 9-1-1 addresses; and will include the $50 application fee in their base bid per home.
- Contractor shall include 0.5% TERO tax fee in base bid. Submission of receipt for paid TERO fee is required with application for final payment.
- Contractor shall include the cost of 3 compaction tests per home in their base bid.
- Contractor will be expected to start construction as soon as possible and as identified in the schedule mutually agreed upon by the Contractor and the Owner. The project schedule shall be established upon final approval of the MLBO Construction Contract and prior to the commencement of any work. At minimum, the contractor must complete each home’s foundation, interior concrete, water and sewer connection prior to ground freeze-up. The expectation is that construction will be out of the ground by then; and able to continue through to substantial completion.
For Blue Spruce Model:
- Construct the garage to be 24’x22’ not 24’ x 26’, as shown on the plans.
- Model FW 44/ 45 shall be installed for tub/ shower, not WR 860/ 861 as listed in the 2016 Spec Book.
- Patio and dining room changes:
a. Patio slab to be installed on the right side of the dining room, starting at the rear corner of the home.
b. Modify the TS6060 window opening to install the 3’ entry door to be centered with the patio slab.
c. Also, have the rear exterior light relocated to be installed on the right side of the entry door to the patio.
d. On the rear wall, delete the opening for the entry door; and modify the window opening to install a TS6060 instead of the TS3642.
For Elder Unit:
- Install grab bars with necessary reinforcement at all toilet, tub/shower and shower stall locations.
- Carpet Product: Mohawk SmartStrand Nautical Charm Collection; see selection sheet for color.
- Whirlpool Updated Washer & Dryer Models: WTW4850HW & WED4850HW
For Butternut Model:
- Construct garages to be 22’ x 22’, as plans show.
For HC Unit:
- ADA modifications to include: lower cabinets & countertops, roll under sinks, ADA appliances, bathroom with grab bars, roll-in ceramic tile shower, etc.
- For drop-in range, contractor shall install Whirlpool Model: WCE55USOHS
- For washer & dryer, contractor shall install Whirlpool Models: WFW5620HW & WED5620HW.
For Both Lots:
- The schedule of values form for each home should be submitted with all the names of the sub-contractors supplying labor for each item and each materials supplier for each item should also be listed.
- Bonding is required for this project, as such a letter from your bonding company must be included with your bid stating that if you are awarded the contract for this project that they will issue the required bond. Any bid submitted without this letter will be disqualified.
- Bidders must thoroughly review the building plans, plan changes, selection sheets, MLB 2016 Spec Book, project rfp and any pre-bid addendums issued to ensure that they have accounted for and included the cost of all specified materials, products, equipment and labor in their bid.
- Contractor must be substantially complete with constructing both homes no later than 150 days after date of final contract approval.
Bid Alternate #1: Provide unit costs for extra block and extra fill. 500 extra block and 300 extra yards of fill should be included in the base bid for each home. Unit costs submitted shall be used to calculate credit for unused materials or cost of additional material.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact either Carla Dunkley at 320-532-7429 or by email at email@example.com to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall submit building schedule to Project Coordinator at the time of contract signature by the Contractor.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form, including a schedule of values from Monthly payment application for each of the homes.
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. Bonding Surety Letter
d. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
e. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
f. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License
g. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Craig Hansen at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: 2019 Sher 2 Home Package
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids must be submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320) 532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
Permit and Contractor Requirements:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO).
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
A. For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $50,000.00. The performance bond shall be at a minimum twenty (20%) percent of the contract price, but not in excess of $500,000.00.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
SECTION II – BIDDING FORMS
Bidding Requirements and Contract Forms
FY 2019 CONSTRUCTION BID FORM
REQUIRED FOR ALL BIDS
FIRM NAME: __
JOB/PROJECT: 2019 Sher 2 Home Package
Lot 8 Block 2 Elder BlueSpruce Garage Right LUMP SUM PRICE:
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
Lot 10 Block 2 HC Butternut Garage Right LUMP SUM PRICE:
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
TOTAL LUMP SUM PRICE FOR BOTH HOMES:
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
ALTERNATE #1: (Unit Costs: Extra Block, Extra Fill Placed)
500 Extra Blocks @ /per block = $____; 300 cu yards Fill @ __/per cu yd = $___
Acknowledgement of Addendum(s): 1) __ date 2) date 3) date
BID GUARANTEE PERIOD:
I agree to hold this bid open for a period of 90 days after the bid opening. If this bid is accepted I agree to execute a Contract and/or a Purchase Order with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe along with furnishing all required bonding (if required) and insurances.
I understand that this company, its subcontractors and all employees performing work on this project will be expected to comply with all Mille Lacs Band TERO Compliance Regulations. Upon being informed that I will be awarded a contract for this project, I will submit all required TERO Compliance Plans directly to the MLB TERO Office for review and approval.
Acknowledgement of TERO Compliance: _____
ATTACHMENTS REQUIRED: Failure to provide any of these attachments will result in bid disqualification.
o MLB BID FORM (MUST BE SIGNED)
o MLBO VENDOR LICENSE
o COPY OF CURRENT INSURANCES
o LETTER FROM BONDING SURETY (REQUIRED)
o COPY OF MINNESOTA CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE
o SUB-CONTRACTOR LISTS (Include values)
FIRM NAME: ____TELEPHONE:_____
EMAIL ADDRESS: ____