RFQ for Tribal Courts Remodel
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Drive
Onamia, MN 56359
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed Statements of Qualifications for the remodel of the existing Community Center in District I. The building will be remodeled into a new Tribal courts facility. Statement proposals will be due Wednesday 26 June 2019 at 3:00 PM. Statements received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe starting on Thursday 27 June 2019
This request for Statements of Qualifications (SOQ) is issued by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe to identify companies to provide General Contractor construction services for the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe Tribal Courts. The existing Community Center facility is an approximately 18,000 sq. ft. Single level. The existing Gymnsium area is masonry with steel roof trusses / decking. The surrounding building area is wood framed with sloped asphalt roofing. It is located within the District I Vineland Community. The project will be bid in project phases, with initial work to begin converting the existing gymnasium into courtroom and support space. Second and Third Phase work will be bid as alternates, and will be accepted / rejected, based on the project budget. The project is subject to Federal Davis Bacon Prevailing wages and the Mille Lacs Band Tribal Employment Rights Office (TERO) statutes. Project is anticipated to be put out for bid mid summer of 2019. Construction is expected to commence in fall of 2019. Expected project duration is 6-12 months.
II. STATEMENT SUBMITTAL INSTRUCTIONS
Companies must notify, via email, with their intent to submit a response to the RFQ to:
Mike Moilanen, Director of Planning and Project Management
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT / PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL PROPOSALS FOR ANY REASON.
All Statements of Qualifications must be received at the P.O. Box no later than 3:00 p.m., Wednesday 26 June 2019. Statements MUST be mailed to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: Tribal Court Remodel RFQ
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids must be submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
III. STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS CONTENT
- Cover Letter/Title Page - Include name of project, name of the company, local address, telephone and fax number, name of the contact person, and the date.
- Provide the qualifications and resumes of the professional staff that will be assigned to the project. Include the name(s), experience, and qualifications of person(s) that will be routinely responsible for the management and administration of the project.
- Detail the company’s experience performing multi-million dollar commercial projects and give examples by listing projects, costs and indicating company’s role in project. Highlight pertinent construction experience of this building type. Include information regarding company’s history, years in business and annual volume.
- Detail the company’s assigned Project Manager’s experience performing multi-million dollar commercial projects and give examples by listing projects, costs and indicating the Project Manager’s role in project. Highlight pertinent construction experience.
- Detail the company’s assigned Job Superintendent’s experience performing multi-million dollar commercial projects and give examples by listing projects, costs and indicating the Job Superintendent’s role in project. Highlight pertinent construction experience.
- Detail examples of how the company and the assigned personnel to this project have delivered past projects on time and on/or under budget.
- Detail the company’s past performance with regard to existing or previous projects or activities with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe and/or other federally recognized Indian Tribes. Detail the company’s experience working with Tribal Employment Rights Office (TERO).
- Detail the company’s safety program and record.
- Detail the company’s willingness to enter into Mille Lacs Band’s Standardized Contract.
- Detail the company’s experience performing construction projects utilizing Davis-Bacon wages and certified payroll documentation requirements.
- Detail the company’s ability to mobilize appropriate personnel and subcontractors at sufficient levels to complete the project or activity within a specified project schedule.
- References - Please include a list of project client references where related services were provided by the staff identified above.
- Please submit six (6) copies of the Response to the RFQ. One copy to be an original signed copy, others to be marked as “Copy”.
IV. SELECTION PROCESS
- The Tribal Courts Building Committee will review and score all submitted SOQ’s. All scores will be emailed to all RFQ respondents. All scores will be public information.
- The 8 top scoring qualitied companies will be invited to make their presentations in person to the Tribal Court Building Committee. Those companies will be given further instructions as to how these presentations will be structured.
- The top 5 scoring companies will be selected from the in-person presentations and qualified to respond to the RFP to submit bids on the project.