D1 Ceremonial Building Renovations
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Drive
Onamia, MN 56359
THIS IS NOT A CHANGE ORDER NOR A DIRECTION TO PROCEED WITH THE WORK DESCRIBED HEREIN.
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for commercial bathroom renovation work to be performed at the MLB District I Ceremonial Building, located in Onamia, MN. Bids will be due Wednesday 19 September, 2018 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday 20 September 2018 at 8:30 AM. This is a Federal Davis-Bacon Commercial prevailing wage job.
A mandatory pre-bid site visit will be held on: Monday 10 September 2018 at 1:00 PM. We will meet at the D1 Ceremonial located at the corner of Henry Davis Drive and Nay Ah Shing Drive., Onamia.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Building Code (IBC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- Contractor to carry Builder’s Risk insurance on project for duration of construction.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
- Replace Missing Square logs
- Prep Exterior per stain manufactures instructions including, but not limited to: wood fill and chinking were needed, cleaning and media blasting of unsatisfactory substrate materials.
- Stain exterior with solid color Sikkens Cetol SRD Stain. Stain must be applied per manufactures instructions. Owner to choose color
- Prep/paint front door
- Replace rotted fascia boards
- Wrap all fascia with metal Pre-Finished Galvanized Steel: ASTM A 653/A 653M, with G90/Z275 zinc coating; minimum 0.0239 inch thick base metal, shop pre-coated with PVDF coating.
- Wrap all rafter tails with Pre-Finished Galvanized Steel: ASTM A 653/A 653M, with G90/Z275 zinc coating; minimum 0.0239 inch thick base metal, shop pre-coated with PVDF coating.
- Replace ceiling fans with Hunter® Colby 52" Matted Black Outdoor Ceiling Fan Model#:59074
- Remove all sconce lights and putty holes
- Replace all exterior lights with Exterior Wall Mount: Heath Zenith SL-5610-WH (White) LED light fixture
Project Allowance: Contractor shall include a $10,000.00 allowance in the base bid to cover any hidden or unforeseen repair or replacement of defective work not identified in the scope of work. Contractor to notify Project Manager of any items that may need correction or repair. All work approved under this allowance will be billed on a time and material basis.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Manager 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Mike Moilanen – Director of Planning and Project Management (office) or at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Commercial Davis Bacon wage requirements (Mille Lacs County prevailing wages rates will apply).
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Craig Hansen at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: D1 Ceremonial Building Renovations
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids must be submitted via mail to the P.O. Box.
FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. . Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@mlcv.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book Section III (see below).
SECTION III – PERFORMANCE AND PAYMENT BONDS
Bidding Requirements and Contract Forms
- MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
A. In construction contracts that are federally funded or deemed commercial, bonding is required. These types of contracts shall demand a performance bond not less than twenty (20%) percent of the total contract price, but not to exceed $500,000.00. A performance bond requirement is to ensure that, if a contractor defaults, the Band may request that the surety pay the expense incurred to complete the construction contract.
B. In addition, all construction contracts identified as federally funded or commercial shall be covered by a payment bond equal to one payment installment or cover subcontractors/suppliers as determined by the Contracting Officer or his agents. The payment bond must contain language stating that if the contractor fails to make a payment to its subcontractors/suppliers, the surety will make the necessary payment.
SECTION II – BIDDING FORMS
Bidding Requirements and Contract Forms
FY 2016 CONSTRUCTION BID FORM
REQUIRED FOR ALL BIDS
FIRM NAME: ____
JOB/PROJECT: : D1 Ceremonial Building Renovations
LUMP SUM PRICE:
(Labor and materials):
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
Acknowledgement of Addendum(s): 1) __ date 2) date 3) date
BID GUARANTEE PERIOD:
I agree to hold this bid open for a period of 120 days after the bid opening. If this bid is accepted I agree to execute a Contract and/or a Purchase Order with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe along with furnishing all required bonding (if required) and insurances.
I understand that this company, its subcontractors and all employees performing work on this project will be expected to comply with all Mille Lacs Band TERO Compliance Regulations. Upon being informed that I will be awarded a contract for this project, I will submit all required TERO Compliance Plans directly to the MLB TERO Office for review and approval.
Acknowledgement of TERO Compliance: _____
ATTACHMENTS REQUIRED: Failure to provide any of these attachments will result in bid disqualification.
o MLB BID FORM (MUST BE SIGNED)
o MLBO VENDOR LICENSE
o COPY OF CURRENT INSURANCES
o LETTER FROM BONDING SURETY (If required)
o COPY OF MINNESOTA CONTRACTORS LICENSE (if required)
o SUB-CONTRACTOR/SUPPLIER LIST (Include values)
FIRM NAME: ____TELEPHONE:_____
EMAIL ADDRESS: _____