Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Land Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures, and programs to assure a well-managed Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe Real Estate portfolio. The Land Coordinator is also responsible for the operation and maintenance of the buildings and grounds, occupant relations accordance with the Real Estates Program goals and objectives. Will be working with contractors and vendors along with the Band’s building inspector to insure buildings are brought up to code as required.
• Post-secondary education and/or combination of an equivalent and relevant education or experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated and related work experience within an Indigenous organization or community.
• No supervisory experience is required.
• Strong knowledge and awareness property functions and needs.
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must possess strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent case and file management skills, stress management and time management skills.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to problem solve and take initiative
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent Communication skills; verbal and written.
• Ability to engage people to build trust and rapport.
• Must have current valid driver’s license.
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create and/or maintain organizational Land Management competency, safety & sustainability.
• To provide insight and support in the development of protocols and agreements with internal and external stakeholders as directed.
• To attend meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences that relates to the duties.
• Submit written reports to the Director of Real Estate outlining programming activities, committee work, participation in activities, and any other reports as required.
• Respond to correspondence and information requests as required.
• Participate in field visits,
• Perform other duties relevant to the program as assigned.
• Establishes a working and positive relationship with tenants, maintains liaison through visits and telephone calls, adequately clarifies lease/usage requirements and terms.
• Promptly replies to tenant requests and inquiries, and meets all new tenants prior to occupancy
• Promptly respond to all service requests from occupants.
• Ensure property portfolio is well maintained and repaired in good condition.
• Contracts with and works with and provides direction to contract vendors and/or environmental and building maintenance staff.
• Assigns work priorities, determines the extent of repairs and necessary corrective measures and when applicable is responsible for control and operations of the heating and air conditioning systems and other building systems.
• Regularly and thoroughly inspects the medical properties, grounds and tenant spaces
• Submits monthly property inspection reports based on observations, noting specific locations, conditions, and recommendations for corrective action.
• Follows company protocol for delinquencies including tenant and landlord communication and delinquency reporting.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Moderate stress, work is Indoors/Outdoors
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to email@example.com