DIIA Receptionist (Part-Time)
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Receptionist is responsible for greeting visitors and callers and directing them to the appropriate personnel.
• High school diploma or GED certificate.
• One (1) year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Capable of reading and interpreting documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Familiarity with and ability to operate a complex PBX (telephone switching) system.
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with and ability to operate various office equipment, including fax machines, photo copying machines, etc.
• Basic personal computer skills in a Windows environment, including spreadsheet and Word applications.
• Preferably filled by a Band Member.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greets visitors and directs them to the appropriate office or staff.
• Answers phones and obtains caller's name and arranges for appointment with person called upon if necessary.
• Directs caller to destination and records name, time of call, nature of business, and person called upon.
• Operates PBX telephone console to receive incoming messages.
• Types memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
• Answer inquiries from visitors.
• Schedules the use of facilities, if necessary.
• Maintain and updates various lists and databases.
• Performs variety of clerical duties.
• Other duties as assigned
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org