Community Service Leader (DI & DIII)
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
To provide comprehensive daily local oversight and supervision of DOL community service projects and crews that serve Mille Lacs Band Elders living on or near all districts of the reservation and projects that serve the reservation community as a whole. This position includes oversight of quality of work, timekeeping, ensure proper use and training of equipment issued to workers, scheduling, and ensuring that all the clients are satisfied with the work performed. Follow health and safety procedures and perform safety inspections and checklists to ensure equipment and work areas are hazard free.
• High School diploma or GED preferred and one year of related work experience.
• Driver’s license and Band insurable record is required.
• Ability to supervise a crew including time recording and handling of all personnel issues as they arise.
• Must have scheduling flexibility to ensure that work is completed as needed.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with occasional lifting of over 50lbs., with assistance.
• Daily standing for periods of several hours while executing various tasks.
• Regular crouching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling etc. to facilitate various repairs and as needed to perform routine maintenance activities.
• Regular reaching, including over-head to retrieve supplies, equipment, etc.
• Enjoys working outdoors and takes pride in completing community service projects.
• CPR and first aid certified is an option and recommended.
• Must have a current valid driver’s license.
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a background check.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
• Projects and maintains an image of service and professionalism with a positive attitude and interacts easily as an integral part of the staff and crews.
• Understanding of the importance of the community service and values and supports the mission of both.
• Sustained concentration and ability to handle multiple tasks with the goal of completing the schedule in a timely manner.
• This position is Grant funded and contingent upon the continuation of the P.L. 102-477 Grant Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for creating work schedule and supervising crew members.
• Ability to communicate with clients ensuring that their needs are completed as needed to their satisfaction.
• Must be able to transport crew members to the various worksites.
• Responsible for all timekeeping for crew members
• Responsible for obtaining signatures from clients upon completion of scheduled work
• Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Ensure that safety procedures are followed as directed by established policy.
• Complete safety maintenance check daily to ensure equipment is operating properly and all safety features are working.
• Must have scheduling flexibility to ensure that assignments are completed as scheduled.
• Assist with routine/minor maintenance of equipment when you have skills and knowledge to do so.
• Assist with training, safety and orientation to the equipment with crew members.
• Assure general maintenance, security and safety of equipment and assist with inventory of equipment and supplies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Manageable stress
• Mostly working outdoors
• Risk or personal danger exposure as moderate
• Local travel is required
• Travel outside the state not required
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to email@example.com