Certified Nursing Assistant (1 FT & 2 PT)
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing personal care, delegated health related and homemaker services to residents living in the Assisted Living Units.
• High school graduate or GED is required.
• Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification is required.
• Must be on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry.
• Minimum of one year of experience in a client advocacy or similar capacity.
• Knowledge of and experience with patient care, dressing changes, taking and recording of vital signs, etc.
• Current CPR Certification is required.
• Ability to communicate using specialized medical terminology.
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
• Ability to adapt to change is required.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, write simple correspondence and documentation, and present information to individuals and small groups is required.
• Knowledge of the Data Privacy Act and ability to maintain confidentiality of residents, facility, and Band information.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with people of all ages.
• Experience in and sensitively to Native American culture.
• Knowledge of Native American traditions and customs.
• Ability to work intimately and sensitivity with clients, their families and significant others.
• Must pass a background check.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist residents with apartment clearing and laundry chores.
• Periodically take and record resident vital signs, report changes in vital signs to charge LPN or RN. Report any changes or concerns to the Nursing Manager.
• Assist in the planning and delivery of health education/disease prevention information to clients.
• Assist with resident personal care as assigned.
• Advise and educate clients about services available from the Band and other resources.
• Assists with treatments as delegated by the Registered Nurse per individualized care plan.
• Administer medications previously set up and checked by licensed nursing staff as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
• Report changes in physical and emotional condition, such as change in attitude, loss of appetite, weight, etc. to the Nursing Managers.
• Remind residents who are self-administered to take medications and report any concerns to the Nursing Managers.
• Maintain knowledge of all clients and their needs to assure that appropriate health care and education is provided.
• Arrange transportation, as necessary, to enable client to obtain health services.
• Maintain a complete record of all services provided to clients, prepare and submit reports periodically.
• Assist clients in obtaining services for which they are eligible.
• Accept and act on referrals from health professionals and community agencies.
• Act in the capacity of an advocate for clients in the community.
• Advise others when supplies and equipment need to be re-ordered.
• Maintain professional knowledge base practice standards and protocols for assisted living services.
• Attend meeting and in-service trainings as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of moderate stress while dealing with patients. Workload may also be a source of stress.
• Work is exclusively indoors in a controlled climate area.
• Some minimal exposure risk to blood borne pathogens and infectious disease.
• On call staff must be available to work all shifts and weekends with the expectation of a minimum of one shift per month.
• Hours are typically 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., or 10:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., Monday through Sunday.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to email@example.com